Does 100% VG cause/help/worsen Vaper's Tongue? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Does 100% VG cause/help/worsen Vaper's Tongue?

SunshyneGurl, thank you for the suggestion. I did pick up some CloSYS so I will see how it works and post if it helps me out.
    SunshyneGurl likes this.

Full Member Verified Member jistjul's Avatar
    Blog Entries

First - kudos! I feel like we are around the same age with around the same smoking habits. I quit entirely when I transitioned over to vaping, but many people I know have done it the way you are. We are all different and what ever works is what is best! So, vapers tongue. Real thing. I had it about 6 weeks into vaping. I was so sad. I literally know exactly how you feel. And my sense of taste did come back on its own, and I am a blissful vaper. So hang in there, maybe smoke stuff you ordered and found you don't like much. But sounds like you have a vendor who will help you out a bit too, so you're in good shape.
    kittypie likes this.

jistjul thanks for the support. It was my intention to quit entirely when I started vaping also but when my taster went on the fritz I just couldn't do it. I was only about 1 week in and still trying to find the right nic level when this happened.

Vaping without taste is like carrying around a drinking straw and taking a pew puffs of air through it every now and then and expecting that to be satisfying somehow.

I know I am still getting the nicotine that way but it just feels pointless.

Yesterday evening I could taste my vape for about 3 hours. It was lovely. But today I am back to no taste. ugh!
    kittypie likes this.

What flavor did you vape that you could taste? Honestly, if I were you, I'd probably vape unflavored and save the yummies for when your tastebuds finally decide to cooperate. Frustrating! I am glad you got at least a few hours of good taste.

Kittypie,
    The one I could taste was a cherry pomegranate I got at the local shop but it is the same thing I have been vaping all week. It was really random and only lasted a few hours.

I am trying to use up the stuff I already had before I ordered yummies but that isn't working really well because I have a caramel that gunks up my coil after just a few puffs. I don't know what is wrong with that stuff. I want to throw it away but I hate wasting stuff. (OCD)

I have several small 0 nic samples of not very good flavors but I would have to mix them with something containing cinnamon to give them nicotine. And I am trying to avoid the cinnamon.

And I have the cherry pom which I bought just for the reasons above. It is what I have been vaping waiting on the taste to come back. But I am almost out of it.

I had to take a trip out of town so I may see what vape shops are around where I am and get another flavor.

I was hoping I would receive the Butter Cream Mint before I left but I didn't. I'm still stalking the E-Mail man.
    kittypie likes this.

I admire you for hanging in there and not giving up without a fight. I know it's frustrating. Hoping against hope you will be able to taste the smooth, soothing Butter Cream Mint. We'll be here cheering you on!

Thanks Kittypie!

I can't quit now I've got almost 30 bottles of juice to vape

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Vaping sweet butter cream mint right now, love this stuff! Sure hope you can taste it.

Butter creme mint was the first flavor I loved after the strong menthol, then the 'vapers tongue' set in again. The holiday chai is what I clung to during those days. I could still taste it some during the worse days, I loved it! You might try that if you still have no taste, but only if you enjoy chia and spices. I think it has a bit of cinnamon and maybe nutmeg. It's been too long for me to remember.

Good luck, this too will pass eventually.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I haven't tried the Chai-is holiday Chai the same as the Vanilla Chai? And if so, have you tried both spicy and sweet? Which would you recommend?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast