loathing my protanks....what do yall use? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: loathing my protanks....what do yall use?

Full Member Verified Member

Heinz - pm'd you, or at least I hoped I did, so hopefully that worked!(about my ibt)

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Amy! Pm didn't work lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultra Member* ECF Veteran Vaslovik's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ya, the Protank hassle, been there, done that. I was re-coiling those heads for a while, and had 24 of them I think, going through them pretty quick before I just chucked it all and went to an RSST and a mech. Months later I'm still loving that. I use a Sigelei 24 mech and yer basic RSST, 400 SS mesh, and 26 kanthal 5/4 wrap and it's perfect for me. Make my own juice too, better than anything I've been able to get from the B&M's, and I'm a happy vaper.

I think you just have to go through the hardware journey until you hit what works best for you. It took me about six weeks to go from eGo batteries and clearos to a mech and RBA, and I'm glad I didn't spend the money on everything in between. I might pop for a better mech at some point, I'd like to have a Roller and an AC9 topper, but for now I'm pretty happy with what I have.

Full Member Verified Member

Heinz, resent pm, hope this one worked! If not, maybe you can try pming me?
    heinz likes this.

The protanks are so good and reliable when you get to know how to work them right. Be patient and learn how to wick your protank. DO NOT start spending your way to a good vape, it doesn't work that way.

Even the best tanks require basic knowledge, flood, leak, and etc... Protanks are great teachers.

I have 3 protanks with two of them being minis and I know that they are absolutely awesome. I just ordered some aqua/origin clone because they will match my watch handsomely but quite frankly I respect the performance of my protanks to the highest level.
    Sent from Vape Heaven

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

An Aspire Nautilus is a good choice for some one who does not want to rebuild it is glass and has a huge tank
    An even better choice is a Kayfun lite + or a Russian 91% with micro coils and cotton wicks It,s really not that hard to rebuild them

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

before my protank I used some vivi type top coil and then went to carto tanks. Kinda wish I stayed with my carto tanks. They are kinda a pain to start up but after its all filled they are awesome. For now im just rebuilding my protank heads and they are not to bad, still have that leak that start when the tank gets low. I might go back to cartos

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I use the the tank that the Pro's use.

A carto tank. :-)
    heinz likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I bought a Protank when they first came out. I was excited to find a glass tank. When I recived it, I hated it. I think I used it two maybe three times. Since I tried many tanks. I finally discovered the Kayfun and Russian. They really are the only way. For me anyway. I'll never go back.
    Steamer861 likes this.

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

AGR+ Pyrex Carto Tank - Kidney Puncher

try one of these, I way prefer then to the "slip together/apart" tanks like ibtanked. cost less, you have to take them apart for them to come apart, no leaks flooding or gurgles with the right carto and juice can last for weeks.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast