loathing my protanks....what do yall use? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: loathing my protanks....what do yall use?

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Protanks my fall back when using something that may be a tank cracker. After 3 years of finding nothing beats my iClears, I am going to TRY an IGO-W...and Heinz-I will take you up on that offer!!!
    heinz likes this.

I have been using the Aspire BDC tank for the last month or so and have been very pleased. I feel that the coil design provides a better flavor and less gurgling than the evod tanks that I wasusing before I switched. The aspire tank also has a larger capacity and usually lasts me a full day.
    DJ Colonel Corn likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Finally have a good tasting, none leaking and gurgling build did 5 wraps of 32ga kanthal on a 5/64 drill bit, found a allen key that fit the slot in the head and use that to hold to coil in place, pulled the leg tight and bent put on rubber piece then did the same with the other leg and put the contact back. took the cotton puff and made it so it was snug but still slide nice. I left the cotton long and installed the head back in the cup. after it was in the cup I slipped the cotton and stuffed it in, soaked the wick, then put everything back together. I vaped it almost empty with no issues and it hasnt spit at me once yet. Very hapy with the results im getting.
    heinz likes this.

My mini protank 2 is old and beat up and just never leaks when rebuilt with cotton and Kanthal heads, hardly even any condensation left on the battery connection either. They did used to leak like crazy and work like crap with stock heads and even worse with cheap clone heads. I think the silica wicks just don't work well in them. With cotton I don't even need the two flavor wicks on top, it absorbs so well. But I do use very high VG juice, like 80/20.
    heinz likes this.
    "Everything in excess. Anything worth doing once is worth overdoing.
    Moderation is for monks." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Full Member Verified Member AlabamaWoody's Avatar

The cheap plastic Aspire clearomizers with DBC work great, then they have the same thing in glass, then the new Aspire Nautilus with air flow adjustment. They work great ! The first two can be had for like $10 or less. You can buy the atomizers online in bulk for $1.75 each !
    I had a few Davides which are basically pro tanks with the Kanger atomizers. The store bought atomizers are very inconsistent. The DBC on the Aspire's work circles around the Kanger coils. I'm new and keeping it simple and the Aspire's are as simple as it gets and they work !
    DJ Colonel Corn likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have used both Protanks and Carto tanks from IBtanked and Phiniac. I was never satisfied with my Protanks, and have pretty much stopped using them. My carto tanks are old standbys and i do have a Russian 91% in my rotation as well. I have found the IBTanked orings to be looser than the Phiniacs which has caused a couple accidents. Easily fixed with new orings, but I haven't bothered.

Carto tanks work well, as long as the juice isn't a 'carto-killer' which burns up the carto extra quick . I have used a ton of VV juices and none come to mind as being too rough on cartos. It does take a bit of effort to learn to prime and possibly punch them, but they're easy compared to building coils. Cheers!
    shazyzen likes this.

I love the protanks. Especially the protank 2 mini. I have noticed what seems to be the problem when you get that burning taste. Somehow the coil unscrews a bit. So now, whenever I need to add juice I just give it a twist to make sure it's tight.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Annette Rogers's Avatar

I know we are going to start carrying the Aspires soon! Will keep you posted!

I dropped some Singing the Blues into my new MCV Atomic last night and OMG. So good.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebubs View Post
    I haven't been a huge fan of the Protanks myself-I feel like they mute the flavor. I am waiting on an IGO-W and plan on trying to get past the learning curve and learn to rebuild coils for dripping. Crossing my fingers it would take too much time.
    Its pretty easy...lots of basic youtube videos around to help. Just wait...when you get your confidence up you can then try a Kayfun. The IGO W is what I started on. Now its....Tridents and an Atomic....The Atomic is a great next step also. You'll do fine!
    RuinerXL likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast