• 1 Post By Bramble
  • 1 Post By Elizabeth Baldwin
  • 1 Post By Angiebubs
  • 1 Post By Gjuice73
  • 1 Post By MPage
  • 1 Post By LouP

Thread: underestimated the steeping

Default underestimated the steeping

So I bought buttercream mint as one of my first flavors. Did not like it. Really bland and flavorless, no mint flavor, just a slight sweetness to it.

So I put it away for awhile, shook it everyday for two weeks, lots of time uncapped. But I figured it was a lost cause. If I didn't remotely like it out of the box, I didn't think it would really change after steeping.

Picked it up today thinking "eh, why not" filled my tank a little, gave it a go. WOW! Nothing like it was out of the box! I taste the butter, the cream, the mint, taste just like the candies!!!! After a few puffs I filled up my tank all the way, this one is a winner!

Lesson learned, steep, steep, STEEP!! Any other flavors that require lots of steeping?
    Bramble and MPage like this.

This was my experience with MBV juices. Well worth the wait IMO
    erazzz likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member Elizabeth Baldwin's Avatar

Steeping can really surprise you!
    erazzz likes this.

CASAA Member! We fight for Vaper's rights!
    Become a member at CASAA.org!

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My VVs that I steep: Kona Coffee Milkshake, Strawberry Granita, Creme Caramel, Bella Amaretto

ECF Veteran

So I had someone on another forum ask why I uncapped e liquid to steep, saying that after 12 hours e liquids would start to lose their flavor? Has anyone else heard this? (I usually do it just overnight but have left them as long as 24 hours)
    Last edited by Angiebubs; 02-25-2014 at 03:31 AM.
    Gjuice73 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiebubs View Post
    So I had someone on another forum ask why I uncapped e liquid to steep, saying that after 12 hours e liquids would start to lose their flavor? Has anyone else heard this? (I usually so it just overnight but have left them as long as 24 hours)
    I have read/heard that too and that they will loose their nicotine strength too if uncapped for more than 12-24 hrs. Not sure if it's all true, but it makes sense and I can see it happening.
    Nboprc likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have never heard that uncapping can cause flavor or nicotine loss- both are part of the liquid.
    Angiebubs likes this.

For me, Death By Chocolate, Hazelnut and Kona Velvet must be well steeped then, WOW!
    Angiebubs likes this.

I don't think nicotine evaporates at room temp like alcohol does. At least, to my knowledge.

I leave mine uncapped for 12-16hours. The Buttercream mint I find very alcoholy and sometimes have to leave it uncapped overnight for 2 days to really get it all out. I find no flavor loss, only a ton of gains after I steeped it!

Bought Vanilla Blackberry Swirl and Buttercream mint again today at the B&M. Going to let both air out tonight and then steep them for the next 2 weeks. I was tempted to try Strawberry Granita or Strawberry Shortcake, might go back for those after I read the reviews on the site.

ECF Veteran

Strawberry Granita is to die for....but for me this is only true after a couple weeks of steeping. The flavor develops and comes out.