New Caps

Thread: New Caps

Default New Caps

I just received my 4th of July sale shipment (THANK YOU!!)

But I do have a complaint with the new child proof tops.

One bottle leaked(en route) and another the top came off as I was pulling it out of the bubble wrap (juice every where )

I applaud you for switching to child proof tops, but could you make that an option for people who want them? To me they do not fit as well and I would much prefer the old tops.

Thanks.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I keep all my old VV bottles for making extracts. If you need dropper caps to get you by until this gets sorted out, shoot me a PM and I'll throw a couple in the mail.

I appreciate the offer, I too have a large collection of the old bottles and tops.

I guess my point was that I do not find that the new tops seal as well as the old ones and wanted people to be aware of my experience.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I am a strong fan of V V and have never had an issue- but I also hate the new caps, lol. I also have some other bottles so I can switch the droppers. I hope we can put a note in comments to use regular caps with our orders.
    Last edited by MPage; 07-12-2014 at 05:44 PM.

I appreciate the sentiment behind switching to child-proof caps, but I agree, in my opinion they are wretched. There are no kids in this house, nor even anywhere nearby, and yet I have to put up with these fiddly, annoying caps. PLEASE make them an option. If you must, make them the default so you have to opt out, like with pharmacies, or offer regular caps in addition, just so you offer some way around them.

Thanks,

-Kevin
    Last edited by KGie; 07-15-2014 at 09:34 PM.

I completely agree with this. Of the three bottles I've received with child-proof caps, two of them leaked quite a bit in the mail. While - as the father of a newborn son - I can appreciate the need for child-proof caps, it would be nice to have the option to go back to the old caps. I keep all of my juice in a cabinet that even my fiance can't reach, so it's unlikely that my son will be able to get at my juice for the next 10-15 years.

Sadly, I believe child-proof caps may be mandatory across the industry pretty soon. I've seen that notion flying around quite a bit in regards to the FDA proposed changes.

No kids in my home, so I'd love to see the new caps as optional as well. I didn't experience any leaks with my last shipment, but one of the bottle caps seems to be defective (won't screw back on properly since opening it). So that, plus what I've read here, is making me nervous about the condition my future orders will be in when I receive them.
    Last edited by Glinda; 07-22-2014 at 06:45 AM.