Lavatube V2 cutting off problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lavatube V2 cutting off problem

Full Member Verified Member

Default Lavatube V2 cutting off problem

I was wondering how often you guys/gals were experiencing you power cutting off problems? and what is your avg battery time with iwr 18650 battery?

I Received my V2 kit on 2/19 right out of the box the tank that came in the kit didn't work and the V2 worked great with a atomizer the first half of the day then I started experiencing the dreaded power cutting off issue,happened at-least 5 times.

I contacted volcano about the issue,they said to return it. That is all fine with me, I will just get a replacement right? Wrong! The package was said it was delivered on 2/26. I contacted customer service to see when the new one would go out. They said the 28th,I thought awesome fast turn around time, but then I read

"WE went through 2 1600mah 18650s in the process and never had any issue with the device and approved it to be returned."

They received on the 26th and shipped on the 28th is this even enough time to thoroughly test 2 1600 and 18650 battery's,not to mention im getting the same dis-functional devise back.

Must say im pretty disappointed

I was having the same issue. Clean the threads with alcohol and try an aw battery. Thats what I did and havent had any problems so far.
    dueces515 likes this.

thanks if it still does it, I will try that out

Im having the same problem with my LT V2. Turns off randomly. Ive gotten the 82 error once. Have to remove the battery to get it to power on again...

Now I cant even turn the device on if the end cap is all the way closed (lavatube logo inline with the button). The only way I can turn the device on and keep it on is if I don't close the cap all the way, about one full turn from all the way closed... So about a 1mm gap. Tried to clean the threads but nothing..

What type of battery are you using? Thats what was happing to me. I wasnt using an aw and got an aw and have had no issues.

Tried both AW and efest batteries.. Both "nipple" top.. My friend has some flat tops so ill try those tomorrow...

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just bought my wife the lava tube v2. I was very impressed with her new device. I have a provari and started to wish this lava tube v2 existed back when I got the provari. Well 36 hours later and her new lava tube is shutting off. She has to take the battery out and put it back in to get it to work again. I bought this at a brick and mortar. We are using the AW battery they recomend with the device so the AW theory is hog wash. We think we had the error code starting with a 6 and we seen clearly a e82 error code. I think I seen sparks when I was putting the battery in. I don't want to bash the lava tube. I love the look of this thing and the price is almost to good to be true. I was considering one myself and do hope that I can exchange this at the store. I'm doubtful that the problem isn't in every device. I hope not because this is an excellent mod and I really don't want to spend the money on another provari. Plus she like the look of the lava tube way more than my mod. If your reading this and have had the same problem don't sit by and not post or register to the ecf. Please share if your having the same problem so we the consumers can know if the problem is isolated or wide spread.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran JoeInferno's Avatar

please make sure the threads where the 2 pieces screw together are clean.

If after you clean the threads you still have the issue, please return it back to the store and they will replace it for you.

We have seen a few devices do this but it is not a wide spread issue.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the lavatube, but if the cleaning does not work we will get you taken care of.
    Let the Lava Flow!
    http://www.volcanoecigs.com/

ECF Veteran

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInferno View Post
    please make sure the threads where the 2 pieces screw together are clean.

If after you clean the threads you still have the issue, please return it back to the store and they will replace it for you.

We have seen a few devices do this but it is not a wide spread issue.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with the lavatube, but if the cleaning does not work we will get you taken care of.
    I've gone thru two devices already because of this 82 error and random shut offs, that won't turn on unless you take out the battery, and reinsert it.

I just received a third Lavatube V2 in the mail yesterday and I got the 82 error within less than 24 hours. All I'm using is a Viva Nova or an AGA-T+ on this Lavatube V2 and my tanks have caused me no errors on my eVic or Lambo.

I just looked at the threads on this third LavaTube V2 and they are perfectly clean.

What exactly does this 82 error mean? I can't get a clear answer. I call your customer service and they have no idea what it means. I look on your branded forum and your forum administrator "Artist Boy" states that the 82 error is an issue with the device and it needs to be replaced. Then you state it's because of dirty threads but the threads on the third device you sent me is perfectly clean.

I'm very frustrated with the Lavatube V2.
    Last edited by wizardelite; 03-10-2013 at 11:43 PM.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran JoeInferno's Avatar

The 82 error is a power error, it can be either an internal power issue with the electronics, or with the body's threads. It can even come from an issue with the body's paint being up on the threads of the body.

Please try cleaning the threads of both the top and bottom parts of the device with a q-tip lightly moisten with some rubbing alcohol, and let it dry, then test out the device.

I am sorry you are having so many issues with your devices. Please let our CS team know about the issues and if the cleaning helps.
    Let the Lava Flow!
    http://www.volcanoecigs.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast