Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Seniors

jj2
    Tigger Girl Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Seniors

Please join us if you are one, will be one, or have one in your life.

Maybe not me but most of us are delightful creatures. Then again, some of us can be a bit grumpy.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

senior? it's been a while since I was in high school or college, lol.

I'm kind of a senior...some places consider my age for senior discounts and others don't.

jj2
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You got to be around the same age as me. I got one friend who gets a little ticked when offered the discount. Me I just take it---it all adds up and in the end I can buy more DIY liquid supplies.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

You got that right...every little bit helps.

Funny story...my 34 year niece was visiting and went into Bealls...they normally have senior discounts but every once in a while, they offer a non-senior discount. The clerk asker her, "Are you under 50?" Oh, she was fighting mad, lol.

She does a good hubby, who told her, "well, you know it is Florida and with all the facelifts being done, they probably have to ask. Smooth, isn't he???? LOL

jj2
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Good response though.
    Dolly Parton was on Dave Letterman the other night and she's had stuff done. She still looks like her but not like she did before.
    Have you ever wondered, since the skin looks stretched, if it's uncomfortable?
    I know it probably isn't, but still.

jj2
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

A friend (Kay)and I were in Menards yesterday. Kay got some Dawn off a shelf and a lady in her 30's reached over and got some too.
    We all started to talk, and we told her how putting a little Dawn in a load of dirty/greasy clothes worked great. She told us her Mom said that to her several times but she'd never tried it.
    Close to the Dawn was Cascade so I told her if she wanted to get her whites whiter to use some of that. Also told her a great way to get white tennis shoes clean and white again is to put them in the dishwasher.
    So she likes all the hints and says to us,"Thanks gals. It's so great to get helpful hints from the senior generation."

Sooo, okay, It's true, I'm getting up there, but gee!!!

I would have popped her one! kapow..how's that for Senior!

My brother In law in his youth did stand in for Tom Selleck on the soaps, he was beautiful! Too bad he was a dog..and said the stupidest things to women.
    Anyway, a couple of years ago he was in a fastfood place and was flirting with the countergirl (he's in Cali..lhome of beautiful people) The girl was smiling and flirting back..driving his ego up and then she asked if he wanted to use his senior discount! Crash...lol! At least he has grown up over the years and told this story on himself.
    Mary Kay
    Analog free -April 17,2009
    Ladies, Please join us in ECF's: The Women's Room

jj2
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The friend, Kay, I was talking about is married to the jerks of all jerks. Guess he wasn't so bad way back when (I didn't know him then), but he is now God's scholar gift to the world. He's also became a penny pincher and believe me, between retirement and SS, he has no worries.
    Kay thinks he's going nuts---I can't argue with her. He's the reason she likes to shop so much. She doesn't spend a lot of money because he doles it out but it gets her out and away from him.
    It's got to the point that they are driving each other nuts.
    Kay goes to great efforts to look nice, her hubby throws on a pair of pants and a shirt and goes.
    About a year ago he and Kay went out to eat and someone asked if he was paying for his daughter's meal---yes, he looks old.
    Since then he's been a hundred times worse. He's bought all this exercise equipment but never uses it and blames Kay for all his troubles.
    I tell Kay to get out before one kills the other. She is as stubborn as he is in this area. Neither one is going to leave because of the marriage assets.
    I also tell her to get him to the doctor because he's suffering from senility or something worse.

Sounds to me like he has Alziemers (sp) The aging and focus on himself. except for his appearance. They also get very argumentative..to cover up what they know is their own memory failure. If he is a drinker it could be from that or even a thyroid problem. Thyroid disease causes massive confusion and/or personality changes.
    he needs a check up..with her contacting the Dr. before he sees her husband to clue him to the changes.
    Mary Kay
    Analog free -April 17,2009
    Ladies, Please join us in ECF's: The Women's Room

jj2
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I can almost believe that. People have told him things, even showed him proof but later he just doesn't remember it. I thought he just didn't want to because it didn't align with what he wanted the world to be.
    TY MK, I'll have to talk to her about this.

Edit: The good news here is that he doesn't drink---TG.

Page 1 of 29 1234511 ... LastLast