Insomniacs Unite! - Page 12
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Insomniacs Unite!

mjt
    Senior Member ECF Veteran

I thought I would join the party. Life long insomniac. I've had some rough nights since I started vaping too.

jj2
    Tigger Girl Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

My sleeping habits didn't change much after I made the switch.
    I went through bad spells before and after.

Blog Entries

Fellow insomniac here. I've had chronic insomnia since my teenage years.

jj2
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Until about ten years ago, I didn't have any trouble sleeping so my bouts of insomnia drive me crazy!!!

I would probably be crazy already if I was dealing with it since I was a teenager!!!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I haven't read the whole thread, but wanted to add my experience. I have battled insomnia for the past 10 years. What has really helped me was a diet adjustment (no sugar, no caffeine and no wheat).

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

This is my first post and sorry for not having read the whole thread. I shall do so tomorrow once I get sleep.

Insomnia has been an issue since I was born, pretty much. I've always had a difficult time sleeping especially because of my ADHD. Smoking cigarettes made it worse, but I dealt with it. Suddenly, on the morning of my 21st birthday, I had a seizure. There was no real diagnosis and they ruled out epilepsy. After having two more seizures, all in the morning, my doctor finally said the closest thing to a diagnosis is that my insomnia and sleeplessness is most likely the cause of my seizures, along with low blood pressure. Ironically, my doctor told me to drink coffee (which I do already. I'm an addict and fully aware of it LOL) . If I quit coffee, I still have insomnia but the difference is that I'm a very scary monster without my life-drink.

I've recently been able to sleep. My secret? Yoga. It has changed my life completely. Although I am still battling insomnia, it's getting much better. I just started doing yoga, but I'm so much in love with it that I'm on my journey to be a teacher!

For those who suffer with insomnia, I feel for you.
    Fudgey likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran AlleyKat's Avatar

insomnia....yep....always have had trouble sleeping more than a few hrs at a time, lucky if I get 4 hrs in a night. as a kid I quickly learned my parents got mad if I left bed & made noise so I hid books & flashlight in bed for those long quiet nights awake in the wee hours. still keep books in/on the bed now...30+ years later. it is kind of fun if I do manage to doze off while reading, influences my dreams...not that I always remember them.
    tried most "cures" including hot bathes, warm milk, drugs (prescription & non-)....prescription drugs were the worst. I guess they led to me being "awake & functioning" with NO MEMORY of it....been told I drove, went places, did/said things when the last thing I remembered was taking my pill & going to bed....usually waking up there too. took a roomie to notice something was "off" with my behavior some nights & I immediately quit taking the damn pills. this happened with 3 different sleep meds, 2 were benzodiazapam-type pills I found out later. now I research meds before filling the prescription.
    any how, just stumbled across this thread....thought I'd check it out (430am now). going to bed again...probably to read, hopefully to nap

jj2
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hope you get a looonnnngggg nap.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran AmandaMarie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am new to the WWB family but this is the thread I will probably be spending most of my time (notice the time I'm posting this hehehehe)
    I hope to someday free myself of the aversion of waking up early lol I love staying up late at night but I have been trying lately to not stay up all night and crash in the morning/afternoon
    I'm always looking for healthy tips and love some of the information in this thread and hope to provide more as the time goes on Here is a webmd article on feeling more alert/energized during the day (my biggest problem!)
    How to Stay Awake Naturally
    Fudgey and Gingerzeronic like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaMarie View Post
    I am new to the WWB family but this is the thread I will probably be spending most of my time (notice the time I'm posting this hehehehe)
    I hope to someday free myself of the aversion of waking up early lol I love staying up late at night but I have been trying lately to not stay up all night and crash in the morning/afternoon
    I'm always looking for healthy tips and love some of the information in this thread and hope to provide more as the time goes on Here is a webmd article on feeling more alert/energized during the day (my biggest problem!)
    How to Stay Awake Naturally
    I'm not really an insomniac but I stay up a lot later than my favorite thread on this board or my husband seems to like.

When I wake up or can't sleep I just get up and do housework or something. It's tragically boring. I should be practicing pole-dancing or something.
    AmandaMarie likes this.