Kanger Protank grommets
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Kanger Protank grommets

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default Kanger Protank grommets

Where can I get some of the grommets that go on the bottom of the head?

Not the silicone ones that slip on top of the 'flavor tube.'

I need some of the white(ish) rubber ones that slip into the bottom and ground the negative wire. Of course, if the ones I find are made of silicone, that'd be even better!

I ordered what I thought were the right ones from Kidney Puncher, but they don't fit.

Anyone know who has them?

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Do you mean the white ones at the bottom?

I examined those awhile ago and I'm not sure they would sell replacements. They don't seem elastic enough, if you know what I mean. I don't have one in front of me, but I seem to recall being left with the impression that it might be a strip of something similar to plumber's tape. That said, I wonder if dental rubber bands would be small enough?

The person you should ask is Edward at Sun-Vapers, he was a design consultant for Kanger when the Protank was being developed.
    The Dingo likes this.
    ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/iTaste VF

Administrator Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I've read these will work as a plug replacement for the Protank heads. AGA Series Positive Post Insulators - 10 pack - Kidney Puncher

Haven't tried it, so can't vouch for the accuracy of the statement.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    I've read these will work as a plug replacement for the Protank heads. AGA Series Positive Post Insulators - 10 pack - Kidney Puncher

Good find I took apart some old tank I had used the insulators I find it good to pull parts like that and O-rings before a chuck stuff.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post

Those are the ones I tried previously. They are too big to fit into the hole on the bottom of the head assembly. They can be forced in, but they get squished to the point that the positive post doesn't fit.

Thanks for the replies!

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Ocelot View Post
    Do you mean the white ones at the bottom?

I examined those awhile ago and I'm not sure they would sell replacements. They don't seem elastic enough, if you know what I mean. I don't have one in front of me, but I seem to recall being left with the impression that it might be a strip of something similar to plumber's tape. That said, I wonder if dental rubber bands would be small enough?

The person you should ask is Edward at Sun-Vapers, he was a design consultant for Kanger when the Protank was being developed.
    No, they're more than just a strip of something. They are cylindrical insulators with a small side that slides into the assembly.
    I'll contact Edward at Sun-Vapers. I'll tell him "the Ocelot sent me." Maybe I'll get a discount!

Thanks for the info!

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
    No, they're more than just a strip of something. They are cylindrical insulators with a small side that slides into the assembly.
    I'll contact Edward at Sun-Vapers. I'll tell him "the Ocelot sent me." Maybe I'll get a discount!

Thanks for the info!
    LOL! That won't do you any good. He doesn't know my handle. He is obsessed passionate when it comes to the products he's involved with, if anyone can help you he can.

Since it's not the white strip thingy, I'm still unclear what you're talking about. Is it the clear-ish gasket (rubber bandy) doohicky just under the lip/flat part/whatever above the strip thingy? I apologize if my techno-speak is too advanced for you.
    Last edited by The Ocelot; 10-04-2013 at 01:56 PM.
    The Dingo likes this.
    CASAA Member

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Wait, I think maybe I know what you mean. I didn't realize it went inside. Do you mean like these?

100 Pcs Insulating Tablets Insulation Bushing to 220 | eBay
    CASAA Member

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Ok...this is my first ever attempt at posting a pic in one of these posts, so bear with me...
    This is what I'm talking about...Kanger Protank grommets-image.jpg

It slips inside the bottom of the assembly, then the positive post thingy gets inserted into it...and you thought you were the only one who knew techno-speak.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Here's a better picture.

CASAA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast