Books, books and more books! - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Books, books and more books!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatriciafromCO View Post
    I have a 4th generation Kindle DX that has the voice to text on it.. so now Audible and Amazon are paired together where I can buy the e book then get the audible added... "decided to give it a try .. pretty cool you can read as they talk and it even turns the pages for you..

How cool is that for like kids.....
    I had not heard of that version of the Kindle, before, but I'm not really up on Kindle's at all. We don't have one, but my daughter has thought one would be good for my DH so that he could read in bed without his reading glasses on.

The winds of grace are always blowing; but you have to raise the sail.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran PatriciafromCO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by moondragon View Post
    I had not heard of that version of the Kindle, before, but I'm not really up on Kindle's at all. We don't have one, but my daughter has thought one would be good for my DH so that he could read in bed without his reading glasses on.
    I purchased mine in 2010,, 3G with the keyboard with a book cover and it has been worth the money for being trouble free. chose it because of the 9.7 inch display ( I was mistaken about the immersion audio and text from audible books on the DX...) you can down load audible books to the DX to listen to as individuals but not use them together at the same time. also mp3's and Pdf can be sent to the DX... The DX does come with text to speech to read the e books and change their pages automatically and it's not a bad computer generated voice to listen to.

The DX needs an added light to read in the dark... is the only thing I would change.
    DH love his new paper white it has an internal light to read in the dark he likes the touch screen.. and likes the smaller lighter size over my DX
    CES and moondragon like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran baseballmom's Avatar

Even if I didn't have a teen-I'd have read hg trilogy, uglies series, divergent series, unwind series(good grief that is the creepiest series ever and I am so awaiting the next book unsouled-my son does NOT have interest in this!)-but he got me reading some carl deuker, Friday night lights, and he introduced me to the giver series(not sports related for once ha ha-school requirement) Some YA is really good, and some is pretty ugghh....before I die is one of most heart wrenching YA books EVER, for older teens so he's not reading yet. I was disappointed by 13 reasons why-so i'd say Neil shusterman's unwind series and before I die are my fave and most moving YA books
    PatriciafromCO likes this.
    [URL='http://sigbanner.e-cigarette-forum.com/sig1/banner.html'][/URL

CES
    optimistic cynic Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The giver is great- i still need to read the rest of the series. And i can't wait until the 3rd book in the divergent series comes out! I loved unwind too-it really made me think. i didn't know there was a second book in that series.

Chocolate Diva Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I like almost all mystery type books, I am going to start re-reading the Alex Delaware series by Jonathan Kellerman. I like Janet Evanovich's books, the Stephanie Plum series is pretty darn funny.....if you can get past the repeating info about her family.

I'm also a big Stephen King fan!
    PatriciafromCO and PixieSkull like this.
    .....Social Groups.....
    Ladies come join us! The Women's Room .....Moderator
    Wellness: Wrecked & Bonkers .....Moderator

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I do like Janet Evanovich's books. I might have to look for the Stephanie Plum series at the library. I have read some of Stephen King's books - when I was shortly out of high school - but they are not my cup of tea now.
    Last edited by moondragon; 09-11-2013 at 01:49 AM. Reason: fix spelling error

Chocolate Diva Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm sure you can find some there......just make sure you start with the first one. "One for the Money" Right now she has 19 in the series and the 20th due out in Nov. I think I have only made it 13 now.
    Last edited by Fudgey; 09-11-2013 at 02:11 AM.
    .....Social Groups.....
    Ladies come join us! The Women's Room .....Moderator
    Wellness: Wrecked & Bonkers .....Moderator

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I like a good, long series like that! I tend to like to read books in groups like that, which reminds me I haven't read any 'The Cat Who...' books for quite a long time - another good, fun, light mystery series.
    CES and Fudgey like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran PatriciafromCO's Avatar

Stephen King(s) Dark Tower Series was really good,, very time travel, mystical fantasy, with rich characters and story line.. unfortunately it hit a weird too far out there section (typical SK) and I lost my momentum getting through the series.. I would like to start again on it. Maybe even read the prequal he has out now on the main Character..

Chapter 7 on the restorer holding my attention with the story line of events... wish reading didn't make me fall asleep lol lol lol ...
    Last edited by PatriciafromCO; 09-11-2013 at 07:39 AM. Reason: spelling
    Fudgey likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Equus5O's Avatar

The last Stephen King I read was Under the Dome. I did read the Gunslinger series, but just can't get into what he's written recently. I'm especially not into short story compilations.

I've listened to all of the Stephanie Plum series.

And I absolutely love the Jack Reacher series by Lee Child.
    PatriciafromCO and Fudgey like this.
    Vaping and not smoking since May 02, 2013

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast