Books, books and more books!
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: Books, books and more books!

Question Books, books and more books!

Being a new mom I spend a lot of time feeding my little peanut. To past the time I read a lot. Any good book suggestions?
    Fudgey likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Equus5O's Avatar

I've always been an avid reader. But now, I can't tell you the last time I actually held a book! Most of the new stuff I've "read" are actually audio books for my one hour plus commute. I'm also a Kindle-holic. I subscribe to a few free e-book sites on FaceBook.
    Fudgey and PixieSkull like this.
    Vaping and not smoking since May 02, 2013

I mostly read free e-books too. I don't think I've read a "real" book since I got my Nook. The books I read are mostly "the kind that drug stores sell" which is fine since I read them to make myself sleepy. Now try to get that song out of your head! And if you don't know the song, well I'm just gonna post it in the Music Anyone? thread!
    Fudgey likes this.
    Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow.

CES
    optimistic cynic Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I like books and reading- library books, e-books. I mostly read mystery and science fiction. Maisie Dobbs is the protagonist of an interesting series that i read recently. The first book is called Maisie Dobbs.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I used to read a lot more than I have the past few years - I spend a lot of the time I used to be reading being online instead! However, lately I have been re-reading some of my James Michener books. A month or so ago I watched the (old) movie "Caravans" which was an adaptation of one of his books. About halfway through the movie I had to go and get the book out, because I was not remembering the story presented in the movie as being the same (or as good as) the book. I ended up rereading the entire book. I'm now reading his book "Spain" which isn't a fiction story, but I love his descriptions and observations about his travels there, along with the history about the areas. I don't know that I will ever be able to travel there myself, so I'm traveling vicariously.
    Catmom likes this.

The winds of grace are always blowing; but you have to raise the sail.

I love James Michener. It's been many, many years since I read any of his books though. I don't own anyway, the ones I read were from the library. I particularly enjoyed Centennial and Hawaii.

And I also spend a lot of the time I used to spend reading online!
    Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I can't remember if I read Hawaii or not. I'm going to need to look for that at the library. Also, I need to correct the title for the one I'm reading now - it is "Iberia", not "Spain".

We're supposed to be having a hot spell over this coming weekend, so I should probably turn my laptop off and sit out in the yard (in the shade) and just read.

The winds of grace are always blowing; but you have to raise the sail.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran PatriciafromCO's Avatar

love love my kindle,, .. am hooked on the "Hunger Games Trilogy" Read through so fast the first time to just find out what was the end and since then has re read 2 more times to pick up all the details.. don't think I will tire of reading it . Eternity Road by Jack McDivitt is a favorite. My husband got me stuck on the Pelbar Cycle Books by Paul O Williams ...
    Equus5O likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran Equus5O's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PatriciafromCO View Post
    love love my kindle,, .. am hooked on the "Hunger Games Trilogy" Read through so fast the first time to just find out what was the end and since then has re read 2 more times to pick up all the details.. don't think I will tire of reading it . Eternity Road by Jack McDivitt is a favorite. My husband got me stuck on the Pelbar Cycle Books by Paul O Williams ...
    I listened to The Hunger Games, all three.
    PatriciafromCO likes this.
    Vaping and not smoking since May 02, 2013

Ultra Member ECF Veteran PatriciafromCO's Avatar

I have a 4th generation Kindle DX that has the voice to text on it.. so now Audible and Amazon are paired together where I can buy the e book then get the audible added... "decided to give it a try .. pretty cool you can read as they talk and it even turns the pages for you..

How cool is that for like kids.....

The Restorer (The Graveyard Queen) interesting story line for the character,, she grew up helping her Dad who was a graveyard restorer,, and since she was real little she could see ghost, and her father could to and when he realized his young daughter could see them too. He gave her some rules to follow to protect herself.... No spoilers here... it was keeping my attention until I fell asleep .. so will have to go back.. as it was still interesting when I woke up hearing what was going on...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast