Ladies who rebuild.... - Page 11
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: Ladies who rebuild....

Thanks Chapel - you're spot-on: 32g kanthal. I got a little piece of 28g, and couldn't get anything above 1.4ohms, but the coils sure were pretty

I'm pleased with my efforts so far - just have to make sure the coil is "tight" enough so the stem doesn't touch it. Most of my juices are pretty low nic (<6mg) I do like how the cotton seems to vape more smoothly (and I think I'm even getting more flavor out of this too.)

I'm going to keep eyes open over the summer - I'm contemplating something "shiny" for my birthday this fall, but nothing's jumping at me at this point. Loving my MVP and VV3, but I'm using them pretty hard. I have a 2nd set of each at my office so I don't have to use my "home" set ALL the time.

Thanks for sharing pix - gives me an idea of what these toppers look like "up close and personal".

Love your signature, too

It's not smoking; it's not vaping. It's Portable Aromatherapy

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Thank you Dinger! I have more pics for you this morning. Illustrating the build on a igo - w type rda:
    J

Easy peasy!
    That's 32 guage, six wrap dual coil with surgical cotton from cvs.

from my galaxy s4
    DingerCPA likes this.
    Doing the best I can to do justly love mercy, and walk humbly with God ~Micah 6:8

Full Member Verified Member Claire Ambrose's Avatar

I don't rebuild as such but i do wick my new naturevape atty with a cotton wick when i change flavour, wouldn't know here to start to be honest, but i watched how to rewick from video looked easy enough and it is ,

Full Member Verified Member TinySpark's Avatar

Kinda old thread but I thought I'd revive it a bit... Since this thread has super interesting posts!

I got into rebuilding because I wanted a cheaper way to use my evod glass (instead paying 2 bucks for a teeny tiny metal post with a coil and bit of fluff for wick). I found a video on google on how to reuse my old kanger atomizer heads ... the video is below if anyone's interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEnkvrWY5ps

When I considered how much work it was and how much stuff I had to buy to rebuild the little atomizer heads, I decided it was time to upgrade from an ego-c twist battery with an evod glass clearomizer. Did my homework first, since most mechanical mods are expensive simply because of the "brand" name and the laser engravings or patinas, I decided to go with a non-clone magnetic switch mod.

As for rba's... I tried an ehpro kayfun clone AND using it sucked, it leaked if you didn't fill just right, so then I tried a helios clone. I am done with clones, broke the posts off of it while trying to remove it from my mech mod. heh. Now I use a tobh atty and love it. I have an odin rda too, cause I couldn't help myself. heh.

As for making coils, I find that it is extremely easy. Most likely because I am a knitter and can hold the tension on lace yarn with ease, wrapping wire that doesn't move is a breeze in comparison.

HOWEVER, the SAFETY precautions in battery usage, etc. are EXTREMELY important. Luckily I saw the following link on the bottom of someone's signature on ecf and I didn't have to break out my old college physics knowledge to build my first coil. heh.

Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

well that's my story, can't wait to read more about lady builders! :D

Wow, this is a time warp I forgot I'd posted here back in MAY! I had *just* started rebuilding (and hadn't gotten my hands on my 30g at that time.) I can wrap me some pretty coils these days - just gotta figure out the wicking on my kayfun clones. I have one that's a MONSTER, one that's currently doing o.k. and my other two I just can't seem to avoid burnt hits. I think that's because I'm *STILL* using too much wicking material. Can't get my fat fingers to pull off less

With that little rant, I guess I'll go wick another one and see if it works any better!

It's not smoking; it's not vaping. It's Portable Aromatherapy

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011