Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by CES View Post
    Good morning Vsummer

Thanks!!

y'all are making it difficult not to contemplate rebuilding
    Perhaps for the new year.
    Let me make it even more difficult!

Easy RM2 micro coil build - YouTube

There are two videos - the second is under the first - click the link. Won't let me post two at a time in the same post.
    CES, chapeltown and Sweetab like this.
    Robin - aka Herper Chick

Banner by DoogieTony

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Good morning Vsummer

Thanks!!

y'all are making it difficult not to contemplate rebuilding
    Perhaps for the new year.
    It really is a breeze on the RM2. Rob has the wire available on his site so you can try the various ones. I would recommend getting the 28 and the 30. I know it isn't fancy, but if I am using ceramic or ekowool for wick I just coil it right on the wick freehand. If I am using cotton, I sometimes just wind it around a toothpick.

You have to have something that will read your ohms, that is very important to test for a short. I use a Vamo, my ProVari is too limited to read them. I actually use the Vamo as a handle to coil. Depending upon what ohms you use now you will probably want to coil something in the same range to start out. It is really easy to do, the hard part is figuring out how many coils is going to get you in the range you need. For 30 guage, I think it was around a toothpick about 4/5 wraps for a 1.5 coil, but leave extra wire after you screw it in so you can add or take one away until you get where you want to be.

And looks don't matter as long as the coil works. All those peeps with such pretty coils might make it frustrating for you if yours look wonky, but some of my best coils were fugly.
    CES and Sweetab like this.

Caravela #294, REO's with RM2's: Grand, VVGs, VVWs including Tesla, Mini 2.1s, & Woodvils, Mamu DNA20 Delsy,
    ProVari/ZAP, lizardnipples, RBA's and RDA's with a few Trippy Tips on top

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I too have been considering rebuilding! I have the stuff for it......pretty much.... and have watched some YT vids on it, but have not quite yet gotten the bravery for it... I have Protanks, and I would like to rebuild those, and I recently got an igo-w, which definitely needs rebuilding, because the build it came with seems really...messy.

Also, I would like to move away from the silica (that comes standard on most of my heads) and into cotton. I bought some butcher's twine, (on the recommendation of someone in this great wide forum) but forget whether it needs to be boiled first or not.
    Sweetab likes this.
    Doing the best I can to do justly love mercy, and walk humbly with God ~Micah 6:8

CES
    optimistic cynic Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Good information...and even better, it'll be easy to find when i need it.

I bet the videos will be really helpful for Sweetab too

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Good information...and even better, it'll be easy to find when i need it.

I bet the videos will be really helpful for Sweetab too
    You also can just buy the coils premade. You just cut them when you need one, check it on whatever you check your ohms on after it is installed, and you are in business. After you use one of those, you will know exactly what you need to do. I got some for when I had surgery back in February in case the pain killers dampened my senses too much to be able to use my fine motor skills. Now DH uses them in case I am not around to coddle him

Here is one place, but if you search for "pre made coils" you should find other places as well:

20" Roll - Coil & Wick for A7 RA
    CES, rabernet and Sweetab like this.

Caravela #294, REO's with RM2's: Grand, VVGs, VVWs including Tesla, Mini 2.1s, & Woodvils, Mamu DNA20 Delsy,

CES
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

premade may be the way to go for those of us who don't have much time. There are a couple of local people who could teach me directly, and one of them works at a local B&M and is contemplating starting weekly workshops for rebuilding. I love how helpful this community is

Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

premade may be the way to go for those of us who don't have much time. There are a couple of local people who could teach me directly, and one of them works at a local B&M and is contemplating starting weekly workshops for rebuilding. I love how helpful this community is
    Rubbish. It takes me literally less than 5 minutes to recoil. Not much more time as it does to cut one of those and install it and check the ohms. Once you get it down, it becomes a non-event I promise you! It's like tying your shoe. Get the wire, wind it around, snip it, install it, check it, vape it.

Don't be intimidated! All those boys with their videos and toys make things so complicated when it is really easy peasy.

And mine last me weeks!
    CES, Uma, dedi and 4 others like this.

CES
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've seen people do it in under 3 minutes, and others take an hour. It's the learning curve that i don't have much time for. It's funny, i stocked up on a bunch of 1.5 ohm 306 atties, and then realized that i really prefer 1.8-2 ohms on the reo (i know, with rebuilding it wouldn't be an issue )

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Which atty do you use on the reos Rhody?

(mine are mini reos and most of the RBAs aren't compatible. sigh)

I use the Reomizer 2 they're so easy to rebuild, and the flavor is unbelievable
    CES, Sweetab and firephly like this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I started out with the A7 mini on my reos, than got a Hornet which is more expensive...and finally got the RM2. The RM2 costs less than the
    Hornet and is an outstanding BF rba. I believe the A7 mini will fit on the regular Reo mini. I have both the Reo mini 2.0 and 2.1
    The A7 mini is pretty cheap too.
    CES, vsummer1 and Sweetab like this.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast