Like Tree183Likes

Thread: Ladies who rebuild....

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default Ladies who rebuild....

Hey ladies,

Do you rebuild? How did you get into it? Did someone help you face to face, or did you learn by watching videos? What is the easiest rebuildable to begin with? I have heard of the Sophia as being a great easy beginners device?
    chapeltown, em_elle and TinySpark like this.
    I vape therefore I am ~ It's a vape thing...you wouldn't understand!-Provari Mini-chi you clone-itaste v3-itaste mvp1&2-many colors ego twists,ego vv/v3, Sigelei Legend,Hammer,Nemi clone.Gourmet e-juice afficianado.Vaping for 3+ years

CES
    optimistic cynic Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hi Sweetab, nice to meet you.

I don't rebuild, but have watched a couple of people do it. Some people make it look simple, others make it look very complex. I'd need to learn in person, but many have learned by watching youtube videos. I'd assume that it will take some time and trial and error at first. Make sure you have a good multimeter.

Ultra Member* ECF Veteran Vaslovik's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I rebuild, and I started early on. The videos on YT were very helpful as were these forums. I got into it after starting out with a miserable little flea market e-cig, then getting EGO/clearo rigs, then a Protank, then a mech, then my first RBA. This took about six weeks. Once I had an RBA and could rebuild it well I was finally happy with my vape.

I started with an AGA-T2, which was a good teacher. It's a cantankerous device and can be frustrating to deal with, but I got it running right, learned to make wicks, wind coils, check ohms, and use the right batteries. Then I got an RSST. Wow! It was a breeze to set up and gave me better flavor than the AGA-T2. It's my primary vape now. I also got into making my own juices, and by all accounts I'm doing very well with that.

I've not yet met another woman who rebuilds here where I'm at, or one who uses a mech either. We seem to be very much in the minority.

Below is a six week progression of hardware I went through:

Last edited by Vaslovik; 12-09-2013 at 11:00 AM.

CES
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I have several mech mods Vaslovik, a couple of Reos and a Zenesis. I got them way before rebuilding was an option- i just wanted to make sure i had nice sturdy APVs. But there're enough tanks and such that work for me without rebuilding that i never found the need to spend the time leaning to rebuild.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CES View Post
    I have several mech mods Vaslovik, a couple of Reos and a Zenesis. I got them way before rebuilding was an option- i just wanted to make sure i had nice sturdy APVs. But there're enough tanks and such that work for me without rebuilding that i never found the need to spend the time leaning to rebuild.
    I ended up rebuilding in pursuit of the satisfying vape and I'm happy with that. If you are happy with your vape as it is there's really no reason for you to get into rebuilding. I have found that most people just don't want to bother with all that and it holds no attraction for them as they are quite happy with their carto-tank or whatever they have. My guy is still happy with his cig-alike months after I got it for him. Whatever fills the bill for you is the way to go. If you have a satisfying vape stick with it.
    CES, Sweetab, wlw1200 and 1 others like this.

CES
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You are so right

You have a beautiful collection.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Once I started rebuilding, that's all I do now. I have a couple of Reo's, Protank 2's, Nautilus, Euphoria just to mention a few. I only buy atomizers that I can rebuild. 28g and 30g Kanthal micro coil with cotton wick is just awesome.
    I love to tinker, and rebuilding is really not hard at all, plus for me, it saves me money. I think Protanks are pretty easy to build, Nautilus and Euphoria are a little more difficult because of the Resistance and non resistant wires, but certainly not impossible, just need a little more patience. Haven't tried the Sophia yet, but I'm sure at some point I will.
    It's definitely nothing to be afraid of, as long as you have the right tools and supplies and you watch some how to videos, it opens up a whole new world of vaping.
    CES and Sweetab like this.

CES
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Which atty do you use on the reos Rhody?

(mine are mini reos and most of the RBAs aren't compatible. sigh)

Blog Entries

Rhody makes a good point, that of money saved. I found that once I was rebuilding and doing it well there wasn't much I really needed from the vape stores. Once I started making my own juices and had a couple hundred feet of 28 kanthal and a couple square yards of 400 mesh there was really nothing I needed from the vape stores.

I don't have to buy Protank coil heads anymore, CE coils, or even juice. In fact, I buy stuff I don't really need at the vape stores just to hang out with the very cool people who work there and talk vape with them.
    CES and Sweetab like this.

Admin
    Ask The Vets Manager
    Asst Classifieds Manager
    Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Supporting the Rules I agreed to when I joined this Forum

I love my rebuildable stuff !

It started with a scubagen, then a Line...then a mini Zen...then a mini DID

Now I have some little rebuildable dripping attys and a Kayfun Lite.

CES, Rob has a RDA on his site for the REO
    CES, Uma and Sweetab like this.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast