How did you get to zero nicotine - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: How did you get to zero nicotine

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I definitely agree that it shouldn't be forced, unless of course a health condition requires it. Otherwise go at your own pace, but the advice I always give everyone, whether a smoker trying to convert to vaping or a vaper trying to quit is: just try it! That's what worked for me, and I'm not saying it'll work for everyone but you'll never know until you try.
    sidetrack and Gloria like this.

I started out vapeing at the suggestion of family members to try and save cash. Once I got into it I was amazed at the many many benefits, such as how much healthier it is for you, and the savings, and also being able to smoke around ppl guilt free, and smoking in public buildings! (e cigs aren't regulated like tobacco in NC yet) my wife had quit smoking "cold turkey" a few weeks before I started vapeing, and didn't want to try my flavors because of the nicotine, so I stepped down 18mg > 12mg > 6mg > 0mg with about 5 days in between, total of about 2 1/2 weeks of vapeing and I was at 0 nic, now my wife, and some family member that don't even smoke can try some of the flavors. I still get all the enjoyment of vapeing, just without the dependency of nicotine to spoil my hobby

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

good stories, hope to add someday...

Super Member ECF Veteran

Ditto aracynski!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by deach View Post
    I have to ask exactly what were you vaping then? I am unclear (as a newbie) I guess pure VG or PG or a mix of the two how that would happen?? Thanks
    That's exactly what I was vaping, a blend of PG/VG w/10% PGA. Since then I've dropped the PGA in favor of blending 75%PG/25%VG. I don't think I can find a cheaper eLiquid. JMHO

Cheers,
    otrpu
    sidetrack and deach like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Excuse me for coming in late. I didn't know this little sub-forum existed.

I am a non-nic vaper. I started up at 28mg and worked my way down to 0 nic. It wasn't a problem at all. I think for me the biggest hurdle in quitting smoking was the fact that I flat out enjoyed it. I liked having that smoke to calm me down or perk me up. I even enjoyed watching the smoke. I am sure a lot of you understand what I am trying to say.

I didn't like what it was doing to me. So I quit smoking with the e-cig.

Unfortunately I have elevated BP so while I felt a lot better without the Analog I was still having some issues. So when I got down to 0 nic I notice my BP is much more normal.

At this time I don't plan on quitting vaping. I still enjoy it and I don't have a reason yet and I still use it as my crutch. It beats candy and alcohol.

Good to have a place for people here who are 0 nic or on the road to it.

I'm one of those people who needs to get down to zero nic as soon as possible, as I'm Type 2 diabetic.
    I noticed that I was getting some really high readings on my blood sugar and, after a bit of research, I discovered that it was probably the nicotine that was doing it.
    (Nicotine works on the liver to inhibit insulin production, which is why it's a good appetite suppressant. Hence the higher blood sugar readings in smokers, and even worse results for diabetics!)

I must have been vaping more nicotine than I had been getting when I was smoking. I must admit I love vaping and my pv is constantly in my hand these last few weeks!

So.. I need to get off the stuff if I don't want an earbashing from my doctor!

What I've done is take a normal 50ml bottle of my usual favourite flavour at 16mg, and each time I get a third of the way down it, I dilute it with PG/VG back to the top and add a few drops of flavour back in. I reckon that, sooner or later it will end up as more or less zero nic, and because I won't know at what point that will happen (I'm not keeping track of how dilute it is), I might be able to fool my brain into not noticing that it's not there
    Last edited by JuicedUp; 02-15-2012 at 10:27 PM.
    sidetrack, Trilly and Brighid like this.

Yay! More zero nic stories!
    Brighid likes this.

Thanks for the stories. I'm new to vaping with the intention of going nic-free. I have had no difficulty switching from analogs to 18mg menthol vapes. Have some 18mg pink spot vapors coming too. Once those are gone, I plan to step down to 12... then 6... then, well, probably zero. might have to mix some 6 with 0 for a while, but that's ok. I'm going to do this at my own pace.

Congrats to all of you who have made it successfully to 0 nic! That's awesome & inspiring =)
    sidetrack likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran Sugarfoot's Avatar

Bump, to keep this great thread going
    ProVari with 'KFL+' clone, ProVari mini with Vivi Nova v2.5, eGo 400 batt with Boge short 2.0 for stealth, keepin' it simple.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast