Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: How did you get to zero nicotine

Full Member ECF Veteran Sugarfoot's Avatar

Bumped this, but want to share what I'm doing: Started vaping last Sept at 26mg. As I upgraded my equipment I needed to drop my nic levels due to the sideeffects (cold extremities & overall tension). Got down to 12mg recently, then got a ride with the paramedics to the cardiac wing! During recovery I ordered some 6mg and 0mg and will be trying to lower nic to zip.
    Weird, though, didn't feel any withdrawl for the 4 days in the hospital! So I think it will be easier than I imagine....
    I'm also trying to follow the "0mg tobacco flavor" thread and will be moseying over to the "over 55" thread that started when I was hanging with the paramedics.
    sidetrack and Kams Cats like this.
    ProVari with 'KFL+' clone, ProVari mini with Vivi Nova v2.5, eGo 400 batt with Boge short 2.0 for stealth, keepin' it simple.

Full Member ECF Veteran

so here I am, not a 0 nicr but getting there. started at 18mg(I think I probably could have started at 24 but im here now) after 1 month I dropped down to 12mg and now a week later I am at 12mg thinking I might cut the 12mg 50/50 with the 6mg for a couple weeks and then cut the 6mg with 0mg for a couple weeks before going full 0mg. at least thats the plan but I am at a week and a day since I switched to 12mg and already feel as if I could reduce again so it might go quicker than expected. I will let you know in a few weeks if I am nic free....
    sidetrack likes this.

Started at 24, and it wasn't quite enough to get me off the cigs. I learned that using 24 all day and dripping some 30 after meals when I would get cig cravings worked for me, and that got me off the cigs. Within a few weeks, I didn't need the 30mg anymore.

I vaped a couple of months at 24, and by then I was mostly just using Boba's Bounty. So I ordered a 100ml bottle of Boba's Bounty at 18mg. I mixed the last bit of 24mg with some of that new 18ml so that I could vape at around 21 for a few days before moving to the 18. That went very smooth, I didn't really notice.

The last time I ordered, I got 100ml of Boba's in 12mg, and did the same thing, mixing the last of my 18mg with the new 12mg. That's what I'm vaping now (for the past few days.) It's roughly 15mg. I have enough of that mix to last a week or so, and then I'll move on to the 12mg.

Assuming that works well, I plan to do the same thing when I start to get low on the 12. Order some 6mg, mix the last of my 12 with some of the 6 to ease the transition, and move on to the 6.

I don't know if I'll get there. It's kind of hard for me to imagine not getting any nicotine. But before I started vaping, I didn't think I could quit smoking, and not only did I quit, but it was fairly easy and I have zero interest in going back.

I'm find with vaping all my life if that's where I end up. Much better than smoking. But I would like to get rid of the nicotine addiction, and if I can do that, I'm going to take a shot at putting the PV aside and doing without.
    sidetrack, jifjifjif and Gloria like this.
    30 years of smoking, over 3 packs a day before I started vaping. Then I bought my first PV. Cigarettes have lost their power over me. I've been free since 10/06/2011. Thanks ECF!

Full Member ECF Veteran

update: I am not a no nicr yet but I am down to 6mg and when i first switched to 6 I was 6ing hard but after a week-10 days I am finding myself waking up and not touching my pv for a few hrs. before i start to use it and the cravings are light so I think I might try to go 0 for the first half of the days
    sidetrack likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

here we are at about 2 months and I just mixed my 6mg 50\50 with 0mg. didn't start a new carto started topping off the one I been using with the 6mg. only been a short time so far but If it goes the same as switching to 6mg I expect to vape heavy for a week or 2 then start to notice myself getting sleepy when I vape too hard will have to see at that point if I will go nonic or what

I'm just starting now ,I used to alternate back and forth but the nic is making me cough now too so I am leaving out the nic.I have COPD so I have to be careful not to aggravate it.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Like a lot of things that happen to me it was a happy accident.... my taste buds went crazy and every juice I had was suddenly much too strong and I could hardly stand to vape them... to give me something to vape I got some Wilton's glycerine from the local hobby store and found that as long as I could create a cloud of vapor I was satisfied..... now I vape from 0 to 11 depending on what I pick for the flavor of the day... mostly 0 menthols....

I think we spend a lot more time stressing about whether we are doing this right than we ever did thinking about smoking... I don't really think there is as much of a right or wrong on any of it... just what works....

I am on my way to vaping 0 nic. I started vaping over two years ago at 24mg, and over time, I've begun to notice health issues. One thing is I found I vaped WAY more than I ever smoked. The PV is almost always in my hand, or right next to me. I don't like being so addicted to something. I've just switched down to 12mg in the past week or so, and in a day or two, I'm going to go down to 6mg. The problem is that I love vaping!

The health issues I've encountered may not be related, but they might be, and even though it's way safer than smoking, I'm still getting nicotine into my system, and it's still a poison. I get too much anxiety and digestive issues, and I do think they're related. I also find that vaping a lot makes me have to clear my throat constantly, and sometimes it gets really bad. So heading for 0mg juice. I'll probably still always keep the PV around though, even if it's just to take with me out to bars so I have something to do when the urge to smoke strikes me.
    Myk and sidetrack like this.

Senior Member Verified Member

Great thread. When I first started vaping at the beginning of March I was on Greensmoke. I quickly found ECF and ordered a KGO. Worried I would poison myself with too much nicotine, I also ordered 18mg. I also was still smoking under five analogs a day... Last week I finally kicked the last "Good Morning, I'm awake" analog. I also bumped up my nic level to 24mg, the 18 wasn't enough. I do vape some 18 from time to time, and plan on reducing to zero in time. Great tips! Thank you!!!!!

Senior Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

I've used various tobacco products for nearly 20 years - pretty sad considering my age.

I basically quit smoking seven years ago and have stuck strictly to snuff, with the exception of social situations to curb the desires to smoke.

I too was beginning to experience some unwanted health issues so I purchased my first PV about six weeks ago and now have been tobacco free for over 30 days.

I'm currently using 18 mg, but am already contemplating a lower dose. I can't imagine a nic free life, but I'm beginning to think it's a realistic goal now.

Great thread! I think it will help a lot of people, myself included!
    sidetrack and enchantedwonder like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast