Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: How did you get to zero nicotine

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default How did you get to zero nicotine

Tell us your story about your journey to zero nic. Give us the why you did it and how you did it.

I'll go first.
    The reason I quit cigs originally was I was having bouts of tachycardia and I was starting to wheeze. Vapeing (18mg)got rid of the wheezing almost immediatly and the tachycardia went away for about 2 months but came back although not as bad. That's when I started to slowly cut back on the nic and I noticed it was reducing the frequency of the tachycardia. It took me about 5 months to get to 4-5 mg and the final leap to zero mg was on Jr. Mint's Daddy 0mg actually by mistake.
    I have been nic free for about 5 month now...No wheezing and no tachycardia.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'd been DIYing around 10mg/mL for a few months. Only flavor I've used is Cinnamon. Decided to drop the Flavor my next batch. Accidently left the nicotine out also. For the past 3 months I've been 0Nic0FA, Zero Nicotine Zero Flavor Added. That's the truth. . .I just accidently got off nicotine. JMHO

Cheers,
    otrpu

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have to ask exactly what were you vaping then? I am unclear (as a newbie) I guess pure VG or PG or a mix of the two how that would happen?? Thanks

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I started vaping last October 10/11 with 24mg nicotine. Ever since then I would cut back on the nicotine by about 25% every few months. I didn't have a plan of any sort just happened that when my bottle of nicotine ran out it didn't seem to matter anymore. I haven't used any nic since October. I mix my own juice and am using about 50pg/50vg. I also notice that I don't vape as much or as frequently. I may have vaped a whole 1ml of juice today. Other days it may be more.
    sidetrack, deach, Gloria and 1 others like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

This is a great thread! I am still vaping low nic and zero nic at this point. I started with around 14-18 and dropped to 11-12 then to 6 nic where I am now but I also wanted to try some zero nic to see if I could do it. Especially with recent issues of FDA regulating nic base if it decides to. I started with a 80PG/20VG zero nic base and no flavor. It was very refreshing without any flavor on those days where my taste buds were off wack. Since that time I am finding I really like zero nic so I mixed one flavor, Key Lime zero nic and vape it everyday now. I am finding that I don't need a nic fix as much I thought, so am cutting back slowly but surely. I am still low level nic when I use it, but find that zero nic is really a favorite now. bnrk
    sidetrack, Gloria, kblush and 1 others like this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I have been jumping back and fourth on the idea of zero nic but every time I get to about 6 I start to get the urge to smoke.... which is weird cause I haven't even touched a cig in..... well a long time lol not even sure about my quit date never even thought to write it down lol

I am interested in hearing these stories. I went from smoking to vaping to quitting too fast and now am back (vaping) at 12mg for now.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Well I am not totally off nic but keeping it low. I think it takes time to reduce it and stay at a certain level until you feel you don't want that much nic. I was at 12-14 for quite awhile and then I felt that I just didn't need that level anymore so went to 6 which I really like that level as I don't get any negative affects from it. I still have juice at 12 so am diluting it with more PG now plus I use my zero nic daily as well. At this point I am not sure if I want to quit nic totally, but I want to know I can do zero and enjoy it So my suggestion is keep one carto zero with a flavor you really like and vape it everyday in conjunction with other nic cartos. This works for me really well. When I need a Key Lime fix, I know that is zero nic but love the flavor bnrk
    Gloria, kblush and Brighid like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eliteedge_7 View Post
    I have been jumping back and fourth on the idea of zero nic but every time I get to about 6 I start to get the urge to smoke.... which is weird cause I haven't even touched a cig in..... well a long time lol not even sure about my quit date never even thought to write it down lol
    Maybe keep most of your cartos at 6 but have a couple at 12 and one at zero. Switch around between them during the day. You will be cutting down without a major problem and still getting a nic fix so no smoking carvings Anyway that worked for me. I do find cutting back too quickly tho is not something that works well. My body started telling me that 14 was too high so I backed off. I think once your body is ready it lets you know bnrk
    deach and kblush like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Not everyone can stop using nicotine. If you are one of those people it's still a lot better than tobacco. So my suggestion is take your time. I spent over a year to get down to zero nic. I lowered the nic content in one bottle of juice at a time and only when it didn't seem like I was vaping more to make up for it. I was never really concerned about getting down to zero, it just seemed to happen.
    sidetrack and derbysig like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast