Why I want to quit vaping - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Why I want to quit vaping

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

There is nothing wrong with that. My plan is to get down to zero Nic and then re-evaluate whether to continue vaping or not at that time. Granted my schedule is not nearly as aggressive as yours is. I am DIY and reducing Nic 1mg per month.

I know two individuals who are what I would call casual no-nic vapors. One of them has quite the story and smoked until last summer. Because of health issues he cannot test positive for any Nic otherwise he would lose priority on the transplant list. They come over and play around like mad scientists with my DIY stuff every week or so. It really is neat...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Good luck to you. I am hoping to stop vaping by my 1 year mark of quitting smoking. I am going to see how I feel each time I lower the nic.

Stormie
    kblush likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I started vaping at 6mg.
    I don't know how much nic was in my analogs but I feel it was way more than 6mg.
    Quitting analog was easy. No assets when you do decide to quit other than lighters.
    Quitting vaping is harder. Plenty of assets acquired over time.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil
    is for good men to do nothing.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I understand the expensive issue and the hard finding juices you like issue. Thats why I took up DIY for making sweet simple ingredient vapes at home to figure out what works for me and what doesn't and treat myself to my fav tobacco vapes elsewhere once in awhile.

I have no end date in mind unless it becomes too expensive for me to maintain. I commend you that you have a goal and there's nothing wrong with deciding this is not something you want to do long term and working your way out of it.

As far as the doctor and the dentist, I would base my decision on how I felt vaping--if you feel its too drying or other symptoms, etc. not because someone told me to stop.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Wile I myself do not plan on quitting vaping, I would like to say I am happy there are people out there doing this. You guys have my full support and I would like to encourage everyone who has and/or plans to quit to spread the word, there may be people out there who want to do this and just have not found the support. Keep up the good work all!!!!!

ECF Veteran

i want to quit someday just because i don't want the addiction to the nic, nor do i want to keep hiding it from my wife she's old school, and whenever i broached the subject when we walk by one of those mall stands and tried to explain how it works to her she responds in a way that signals non acceptance. then again she thinks i've been smoke free for longer than i have been, but at least since i started vaping i HAVE been smoke free. i'll have to win this battle on my own it seems.

sadly i made the mistake of stocking up on some juices over the xmas deals, now i have to get my post count up to 300 to try and sell of it

damn healthcabin i bought

110ml of unflavored
    110ml of menthol
    110ml of cherry
    110ml of grape
    bunch of DC cartomisers and some flavorings...

was actually thinking of selling off most of this before i even go it, right before they switched the rules to 300 posts
    Last edited by araczynski; 01-02-2012 at 07:29 AM.
    LostVapeMonster likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran LostVapeMonster's Avatar

Hello all. Just gave vaping up on Friday, 12/30 after starting in July. Just quit cold turkey. Gave all my vaping gear to my daughter's BF. For me, the nicotine addiction is the easy part of the quitting battle, so I decided that dropping down to 0 nicotine was pointless. Getting over the psychological hump is completely different ball game. That's where I really have a war on my hands. The mind is a very powerful thing and once you tell it that it likes to have a vape after you eat, it still wants to have that vape after you eat... even after the nicotine is long gone from your system. I'm sure all of you know what I mean. So for now, I'm using candy canes when I really feel a strong craving. They were cheap and easy to come by this time of year. Good to know there's some support out here for me. Love this forum and it's nice to stay here even for non-vaping reasons!
    Beans, Gloria, kblush and 1 others like this.
    Be alert. The world needs more lerts.

Super Member ECF Veteran LostVapeMonster's Avatar

Good luck to you Araczynkski.
    Quote Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
    i want to quit someday just because i don't want the addiction to the nic, nor do i want to keep hiding it from my wife she's old school, and whenever i broached the subject when we walk by one of those mall stands and tried to explain how it works to her she responds in a way that signals non acceptance. then again she thinks i've been smoke free for longer than i have been, but at least since i started vaping i HAVE been smoke free. i'll have to win this battle on my own it seems.

sadly i made the mistake of stocking up on some juices over the xmas deals, now i have to get my post count up to 300 to try and sell of it

damn healthcabin i bought

110ml of unflavored
    110ml of menthol
    110ml of cherry
    110ml of grape
    bunch of DC cartomisers and some flavorings...

was actually thinking of selling off most of this before i even go it, right before they switched the rules to 300 posts
    Be alert. The world needs more lerts.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

seems you could drop to a low mg level juice quite easily,,,seeing as how you had quit for 10 years
    THE MORTAR........ Solid Brass construction with copper post contacts.just pure raw power !!!!

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LostVapeMonster View Post
    Good luck to you Araczynkski.
    thanks and likewise
    LostVapeMonster likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast