Why I want to quit vaping - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Why I want to quit vaping

5vz
    Super Member ECF Veteran

sandybeach;

I think your plan of dropping your nic level is great. I believe quite a few here have done so and finally quit. No need to DIY, just by your flavors in lower levels.

I also have to agree with LostVapeMonster. It is a mind over matter struggle. You have to want to quit before you even get there, otherwise cravings, stress, and habit win.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress and when you finally quit.
    LostVapeMonster likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

btw,,they created a quit vapin sub forum here for those that beat the PV addiction also
    THE MORTAR........ Solid Brass construction with copper post contacts.just pure raw power !!!!

Super Member ECF Veteran LostVapeMonster's Avatar

OMG! What do you do with your hands when you are bored???? The PV was the go to thing for me at work when I would get bored. I could vape right at my desk, no problem. Now I guess I'll have to - dare I even say it - Work???????
    Gloria likes this.
    Be alert. The world needs more lerts.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by sandybeach View Post
    Thanks, you guys! I think for me it would be a problem, because there are so few juices I like. I would end up buying a ton of flavorings.
    have you tried vaping unflavored? I vape it a lot and I like it. I get mine from myfreedomsmokes, he dilutes it from 24 to 6 nic for me. I have lowered my nic to about 6 with no problems at all. my addiction seems to be the whole hand to mouth, blowing vapor thing. I don't plan to quit, but then I didn't plan to quit smoking either lol
    kblush likes this.

5vz
    Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by LostVapeMonster View Post
    OMG! What do you do with your hands when you are bored???? The PV was the go to thing for me at work when I would get bored. I could vape right at my desk, no problem. Now I guess I'll have to - dare I even say it - Work???????
    Work?! Whaaaat???!!!

Chew a pen cap, get a fake metal cig and pretend smoke, chew a lot of toothpicks. IDK!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Congrats LostVapeMonster!

It's always nice to hear of other people quitting vaping! Quitting ECF is the next hardest thing

Hello all. Just gave vaping up on Friday, 12/30 after starting in July. Just quit cold turkey. Gave all my vaping gear to my daughter's BF. For me, the nicotine addiction is the easy part of the quitting battle, so I decided that dropping down to 0 nicotine was pointless. Getting over the psychological hump is completely different ball game. That's where I really have a war on my hands. The mind is a very powerful thing and once you tell it that it likes to have a vape after you eat, it still wants to have that vape after you eat... even after the nicotine is long gone from your system. I'm sure all of you know what I mean. So for now, I'm using candy canes when I really feel a strong craving. They were cheap and easy to come by this time of year. Good to know there's some support out here for me. Love this forum and it's nice to stay here even for non-vaping reasons!

Super Member ECF Veteran LostVapeMonster's Avatar

Thanks DFP. I don't plan on ever quitting ECF! Too many great folks to hang out with here!
    Gloria likes this.
    Be alert. The world needs more lerts.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Hi Sandy,

You're not alone in your quest and I'll be cheering you on along the way.

Being nicotine free is my goal too, but I don't have an exact timetable yet. I'm vaping mostly 12 mg, but also have some that are higher.

Actually, don't you think it's a blessing that you haven't found that "to die for" juice? I mean, it seems like that would help you in your goal to kick the vaping habit to the curb.

I'm almost wishing that I hadn't discovered the Kona Velvet, because now vaping is too enjoyable! Which will only make it more difficult to give up.

See ya in the "quit vaping forum" in the future.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by sandybeach View Post
    I buy the juice. I figure if I start DIY it will be another huge expense to get started.
    Yes, it would lol.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thanks DFP. I don't plan on ever quitting ECF! Too many great folks to hang out with here!
    I see that .. Mr. 5,000 posts lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast