How would 0 Nic vapeing change your habits? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: How would 0 Nic vapeing change your habits?

Full Member ECF Veteran

I like vaping and i like nic.

Its a hobby for me, i find it all very intriguing! So even if i went to 0nic i think id still vape regardless, but at the moment im quite content vaping 18mg and will do for some time !

I enjoy it far too much to give something up.
    Remembering that if ill health effects arose i would quite altogether but hopefully that wont be the case!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by randomness View Post
    What about its possible benefits? ADHD, OCD, lowering risk of breast cancer, controlling certain forms of epilepsy and schizophrenia (on very low doses); not to mention the alertness. calmness, relaxation and an increased pain tolerance - just to name a few that have been published. Ok sure it does increase the chances of being addicted to C17H21NO4 but there's a sure fire way to avoid that. Aside, nicotine vapors have a flash point of 95F, so one really has to wonder how much is actually being administered vs placebo effect. Depending on the atty system used a 6mg/ml vape may contain only minute traces of nicotine.

J
    can't say i've read much about any benefits of nicotine in low doses, but haven't look for any either, so there might be valid data out there, i won't argue with that.

i'm not sure about the calmness/relaxation though, might have to see that study, but by the same token a crack addict will feel the same things when he/she gets their fix

i keep hearing about people (like me) that drink a lot of coffee to 'wake up'/stay alert/energized/etc, and that this elevated state that they're feeling is actually the 'norm' for non users, we're just so addicted to the caffeine that we can't get to the 'norm' without the fix. our perception of the caffeine 'high' is actually our return to the 'norm'. don't know, but sounds plausible...

Quote Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
    can't say i've read much about any benefits of nicotine in low doses, but haven't look for any either, so there might be valid data out there, i won't argue with that.

i'm not sure about the calmness/relaxation though, might have to see that study, but by the same token a crack addict will feel the same things when he/she gets their fix

i keep hearing about people (like me) that drink a lot of coffee to 'wake up'/stay alert/energized/etc, and that this elevated state that they're feeling is actually the 'norm' for non users, we're just so addicted to the caffeine that we can't get to the 'norm' without the fix. our perception of the caffeine 'high' is actually our return to the 'norm'. don't know, but sounds plausible...
    True true. I was just throwing some things out that I've read over the past few months. The calmness and relaxation I think comes in two parts, low doses of nicotine and the rhythmic behaviour of actual smoking. The same study that I got the points from also warned that above a certain threshold nicotine will do just the oposite, causing nervousness and agitation - however it never stated the threshold and as a former pack and a half a day smoker I can't think of anytime that smoking made me agitated; or was more the times that I couldn't have a cig for whatever reason that I started getting pissed.

J

Quote Originally Posted by cigarbabe View Post
    I don't want to be a 0 nic vaper particularly I have used it and it's ok.
    I've used it mainly for the taste of the juice but it isn't something I would do everyday probably.
    I like the effects I get from using nicotine such as better concentration and cognitive powers
    plus I think it keeps me from being as depressed as I might normally be this time of year.
    I don't find nicotine to be all that addictive without all the extra chemicals found in cigarettes.
    C.B.
    For some of us the problem isn't whether or not nicotine is "bad" but rather the problems insurance companies have about nicotine use. No insurance at my workplace doesn't penalize nicotine use and they all test.

Beyond that, at my HMO (and every other one my friends use), docs will not consider elective surgery/treatments for anything vaguely serious without a smoking cessation plan and testing.

I have no problem with nicotine but the insurance companies, government, and workplaces do.

Vaping Queen ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've just started vaping to get off the analogs, and I'm starting off with no nicotine. From the sounds of it, I think I'm glad I'm starting off with no nicotine, that way I don't know what it tastes like with nicotine. At any rate the whole reason for my vaping is to get off nicotine. My husband smokes analogs around me all the time, so I'm using the ecig as a defensive method for myself. It's my adult paciefier if you will. I want to have something to grab in case I get stressed out. In the past I've always reached for a cig. I have nothing against anyone who wants to vape with nicotine....But for myself, I want to get off of it....but keep vaping!
    Kams Cats, CeilidhaChaos and ohai like this.

This makes perfect sense to me. So what if your PV functions like a pacifier - who needs to be pacified more than an adult who works, pays bills, deals with stress, etc.?
    cags, Penny02 and ohai like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

For many the hand to mouth action is a stronger addiction than the nicotine. I smoked tobacco cigs for more than 52 years, 2.5 pad when I stopped. Been more than 4 months now since I accidentally left the nicotine out of my No Flavor Added DIY blend. After a couple days, I decided. . .I didn't need it anymore. I doubt many will cotton to my method of vaping, but I'm doing this for myself and mine. That's what I think is the great thing about vaping. . .it's definitely a "Roll yur own" endeavor. JMHO

Cheers,
    otrpu
    Kams Cats and ohai like this.

Full Member Verified Member

I quit smoking in Aug of 2003 and started vaping awhile ago out of stress and temptation to start analogs again. I've always been a 0mg vaper, and I still find it relaxing. Some of my flavors are excellent aromatherapy for me, and I can just zone and meditate with them. Helps keep me on my diet and keeps me drinking my water too. I don't find it addicting though. When I go to the dentist, (getting my wisdom teeth out.. fun) I sometimes have to not use a straw or vape for about 3 days under Doctors orders, and have no problem putting it aside for awhile. That's the great thing about 0mg IMO.
    ohai likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I started 3 months ago on 11mg and some 16mg .... Now 11 mg i am already mixing with non. Ordered some 6mg also ... All menthol/mint flavors. But with those ego mega dual coils i started downgrading. So we'll see. I tried 0mg in my 510-T but that wasnt doable, a month ago or so. We'll see. I do not need to vape anymore. I want to vape And never will pick up another analog
    Kay1959 likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

11mg is as high as I go. I try to order 6 or less most of the time. I am a chain vapor it seems. I do not intend to quit vaping. I love it!!! Do I enjoy the nic?? Hell yes!!! I find it calms me and makes me more focused on the task at hand. But do I need 24mg. No I dont...
    Last edited by ian559; 02-20-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast