Can you be an Analog Virgin but Vaping Stud? - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Can you be an Analog Virgin but Vaping Stud?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I don't know of any. Every vaper I know did it to quit smoking cigarettes. I think it would be foolish so start vaping unless already addicted to nic.

.................................................. .................And I haven't saved a dime.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

This reminds me of that movie with Gwyneth Paltrow and Bed Affleck... she had a friend who used nic gum to quit smoking because it calmed her, so she started chewing the gum for her nerves. Then she developed TMJ so had to give up the gum, but by that time she was addicted to the nic so she was smoking to get off the gum. Ben's response was something like "That's great. At this rate you'll be hooked on ...... by the end of the month." LOL

Point being... I don't see a reason to develop an addiction that doesn't currently exist. That being said, I don't see the harm in vaping 0 mg if it floats your boat. After all, isn't it our argument that it is safe???? Don't we all enjoy it? I know I enjoy it infinitely more than analogs. And I want to eventually get to 0 nic. Once I get there if I feel the urge, need, or even just the desire to puff on a pv for the rest of my life, then I will happily vape away.

And I know this is all hypothetical, since the OP has already said he is/was a smoker. I just don't see why so many are so against it. It seems to be hurting our cause.

ETA: oops, didn't know drug names were banned. I Think this is OK since I was just mentioning it as part of the story. Not supporting drug use in any way, shape or form. I'm very much against it, actually.
    Last edited by tidegirl; 01-14-2012 at 06:13 PM.
    mostlyclassics likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I had to vape 60mg nicotine mixed with 36mg Decang tobacco juice(for a regular cig taste) to get off analogs completely. It was "fun" but it does work. Not a single cigarette or any analog's cravings for a 10 months. 25 years PAD smoker.
    Still use e-cig thou (very low nic).

I have never smoked an analog in my life but I love vaping many of my friends that vape never have done analogs either they just like the taste and the buzz
    DoveBear likes this.

I would think its possible to find someone who never smoked but took up vaping for some odd reason. I wouldn't expect the numbers would be terribly high though.
    Nicotine is hoiffically addictive. I'm a cancer survivor who, despite battling a disease CAUSED by smoking, could not quit the habit. Vaping for me is the only way I can avoid analogs

My 0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adixx View Post
    Sorry - I wasn't asking for advice for someone that wanted to Vape and had never had analogs, more so - if there are people out there that just started vaping for the sake of vaping without ever using analogs.

Why would Anyone want to Vape when they are Not Addicted to Nicotine?

To Look Cool?

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
    @erbarry....I applaud your attempt to provide your wife with a healthier alternative to smoking. However, the decision to quit smoking must be her own. My husband is still a smoker. I have introduced him to vaping and he has seen my success. He does occasionally vape when he's somewhere smoking is not allowed, but until recently has not expressed the desire to quit smoking. I've noticed lately that he is keeping a pv next to the computer and has started using it in place of smoking. I am hoping that he will eventually decide to quit smoking altogether, but it's going to have to be his decision. A person who is being coerced into quitting is a person who is destined to fail.
    Well she had actually quit for me and then she got pregnant which I think helped the situation. She wasnt smoking for over a year and then out of no where began to smoke. She doesnt mind vaping but she says the throat hit and flavor isnt there for her. So once I find somehting she likes Im sure she wouldnt mind vaping. She smokes Marlboro Golds/Lights whatever they are, so if you know somehting close to this flavor let me know
    tigerlily likes this.

Thanks, some interesting insight and responses. I was curious as to the make up of 'The Vaper'

1. Is vaping an ex-smoker exclusive club.
    2. Will vaping (by non-vapers) always be viewed as an analog replacement, or will it eventually be viewed as its own entity or experience.
    3. Could impressionable types (please dont take offense if this is you) turn to vaping for the cool factor or buzz much the same way we might have with analogs.
    4. I think vaping is cost prohibitive for teens etc, but could that take mommy and daddy's PV and sit around with their friends passing it around.
    5. Would non-vapers be curious to experiment - I mean I think most people can figure out what happens when someone pulls out the mall kiosk cig-look-alike, but what if someone pulls out a Darwin. Would people be inclined to try vaping for the sake of vaping?

I guess people who vape come from different backgrounds, motivations, demographics.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adixx View Post
    I know it's possible - but most of the posts I've read seem to come from ex-analog types that got into vaping for smoking cessation first.

I guess my question is: Are there people that have never had analogs or very few, that now vape?

Forgive me if this has been discussed - still new to the site and couldn't find the thread.
    Yes, and I know a few including my bf ... just because someone doesn't smoke, doesn't mean that they can't and should not enjoy vaping. Hooka bars are filled with ppl who enjoy Hooka smoking, yet they don't actually smoke cigarettes.

What is more perplexing to me are those who come out and criticize and question non smokers, who enjoy vaping?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Here's a whole section devoted to this

Zero Nicotine Vaping and Quitting Vaping

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast