Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Can you be an Analog Virgin but Vaping Stud?

Default Can you be an Analog Virgin but Vaping Stud?

I know it's possible - but most of the posts I've read seem to come from ex-analog types that got into vaping for smoking cessation first.

I guess my question is: Are there people that have never had analogs or very few, that now vape?

Forgive me if this has been discussed - still new to the site and couldn't find the thread.

Edit 1/14/12
    Quote Originally Posted by classwife View Post
    Moving to Zero Nicotine Vaping and Quitting Vaping

Zero Nicotine Vaping and Quitting Vaping
    Last edited by classwife; 01-14-2012 at 09:06 PM.
    Nikkita6 likes this.

I've actually got a buddy that was pretty new to analogs, then switched to vaping. They do exist, just very rare. In their eyes I'm assuming it's just the latest fad. I think he's vaping for the wrong reasons, but that's just the choice he's made.

Super Member ECF Veteran

i know someone they use 0 nic juice and do it for the flavor and so they do not feel left out of the smoking circle at the bar

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Adixx, a belated welcome to ECF!

Are you currently addicted to nicotine via cigarettes, pipes, cigars or smokeless tobaccos? If not, do you have some medicinal reason (ADHD, depression, some kinds of asthma, etc.) for becoming addicted?

For many people, including me, nicotine is the most addictive substance on earth, and vaping was the only way for me to break the cigarette habit. I remain addicted to nicotine, but that's better than also ingesting all kinds of other nasty chemicals along with the nicotine in the cigarettes.

If a non-addict wants to try vaping, I strongly suggest using zero-nicotine e-liquid!
    zoiDman, wyojoe, madjack and 3 others like this.
    ~ been vaping since February 25, 2011 ~

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

That would be my suggestion too, zero nic for flavor only. Most of us are trying to cut our nic intake down, I am at 6 and use zero as well. Have some 12 around as my high range. But if you are not using nic, just vape zero. I love zero Key Lime, I use it everyday. bnrk
    MegaBee likes this.

Sorry - I wasn't asking for advice for someone that wanted to Vape and had never had analogs, more so - if there are people out there that just started vaping for the sake of vaping without ever using analogs.

I am the 99% (borrowed from the Occupy Movement) or higher people that initially turned to vaping as means of quitting.

I was just curious as to whether vaping has a following amongst people that have never used cigarettes.

Blog Entries

If you know someone that never used nic then we should discourage them from vaping juice without nic in it, but there are those that want to be cool no matter what they might get themselfs into...

Im that person that picked up vaping and have never wanted or desired to smoke analogs but I do use other tobacco products. I learned about vaping trying to get my wife to stop smoking analogs and so far just cant find anything she likes. I will not stop until I find something she likes but until then Ill be vaping away. I occasionally smoke a Black & Mild, hookah, or partake in a cigar every now and then, I love the taste and smell of these three but when it comes to analogs I just cant stand either one. I think this is why vaping caught my attention as I love the flavors you can vape and the smell it produces. I get my juice with very little nic levels simply because the little nic helps me get a relaxed feeling the same way caffeine does. I use coffee the opposite way most people use it as I would drink it at night and sleep like a baby but yet I dont drink coffee everyday and dont crave it. As for being cool, I vape in the car, while on the pc, and when watching tv/movie so I dont know how cool I seem to people not around me.
    Last edited by erbarry88; 01-14-2012 at 06:51 AM.
    Jimi D. and DoveBear like this.

ECF Veteran

I think the reason you see so many ex-smokers raving about the value of vaping in quitting is that so many of us were previously of the opinion that we would never be able to quit. We have frequently tried all the other alternatives out there and have failed to give up the cigarettes. I know that when I realized I could actually quit smoking, I was so elated I wanted to shout it out to the world!

In hindsight, we realize that the decision to begin smoking when we were young was the worst decision we ever made in our lives. Decades later we found we were slaves to the tobacco industry. The discovery of vaping becomes the key to freedom for us.

Vaping, however, can be addicting itself though. For that reason, I would never recommend vaping to a non-smoker. That is also the reason that I find it difficult to understand why a person (adult) who has made the right decision to avoid smoking all their lives would even consider picking up an addicting habit later in life.

@erbarry....I applaud your attempt to provide your wife with a healthier alternative to smoking. However, the decision to quit smoking must be her own. My husband is still a smoker. I have introduced him to vaping and he has seen my success. He does occasionally vape when he's somewhere smoking is not allowed, but until recently has not expressed the desire to quit smoking. I've noticed lately that he is keeping a pv next to the computer and has started using it in place of smoking. I am hoping that he will eventually decide to quit smoking altogether, but it's going to have to be his decision. A person who is being coerced into quitting is a person who is destined to fail.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

There are people who vape that have never smoked at all, though they tend to be rare.

Once you start smoking, and then replace it with vaping, you end up in my catagory who started vaping to quit or cut back on smoking. Once your hooked on smoking, it can be very hard to quit period. This is the majority of vapers.

Some start vaping just to be cool, and no I don't get that. They tend to be rare but they do exist. There are some that have never smoked at all that do it for medical reasons, these people tend to be rare also, but they also exist.

Here are some honest opinions...

I don't encourage vaping to those who never smoked, because there will be someday they cannot vape, and then what?

No money, forgot something important, mailman lost my package, etc... It happens to the best of us, and knowing that up front is only fair.

The flip side of the coin, is there are people who see value in the proper use of nicotine regarding memory and concentration or improvement with other medical issues. For many people, it can make their day a lot easier to deal with, and that has merit to. I understand people like this, and most adults can make a reasonable decision regarding this. Sadly most of these people, learn this fact by smoking in the first place. There are a few in this group who have never smoked at all, and ran into the fact that nicotine might help them cope with their medical issues and decided to try it.

Vaping is much better for you than smoking is, in that regard, and if your going to go down that road as an adult, vaping is the way to go. Your health risks are much lower, and there is a lot of other chemicals that you get while smoking other than nicotine.

Of course this brings up the topic of people starting with 0mg nic. I don't see a lot of value in that for either starting group who never smoked, as one doesn't need to vape, and the other needs the nic. 0mg tends to have more value for people who have used nic before, and are trying to break their dependence on it.

If you smoke, there is a lot of value in switching to vaping of course.

I hope that answers your question, its the best answer I have for you.
    Last edited by Cyatis; 01-14-2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Clarity
    mostlyclassics and DoveBear like this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast