Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Anyone here vape 0mg?

Default Anyone here vape 0mg?

Hey guys, only just got my e-cig two days ago, and have only used it a handful of times, I have completely quit analogues, this being my second day and I haven't even had cravings for them, the only craving I have got for is the action of smoking a cigarette which my e-cig satisfies, however I have avoided doing it too much until I get e-juice with 0mg nicotine

This is because I want to be free of nicotine in whatever form it takes, if I can smoke the e-cig at 0mg and not crave for nicotine at all, then I know I've succeeded, has anyone else started with an e-cig and now exclusively vapes 0mg e-juice? or in other words, has anyone beaten nicotine addiction and yet continued to vape 0mg just to satisfy the pleasure of smoking without taking in any nicotine?
    AutumnWolf and vaporator2000 like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran glowgirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I started at 24mg and am down to 4mg. I may go down to 0mg someday but honestly I am insanely healthy (low BP, Low resting HR, great lung capacity and all that). I think I may just drop down to 2mg and stay there. It is hard to say at this point whether the nicotine keeps me vaping or I have become addicted to Peanut Butter Cookie juice......
    AutumnWolf and glycerol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by glowgirl View Post
    I started at 24mg and am down to 4mg. I may go down to 0mg someday but honestly I am insanely healthy (low BP, Low resting HR, great lung capacity and all that). I think I may just drop down to 2mg and stay there. It is hard to say at this point whether the nicotine keeps me vaping or I have become addicted to Peanut Butter Cookie juice......
    I mean this is what I'm wondering, thanks to Allen Carr's Easyway, a book I would recommend to ANYONE who wants to get off cigarettes, very very interesting take on things and very effective method, but since I've completely re-evaluated my take on cigarettes I dont really get cravings for them anymore, but I do sometimes want to just smoke, so I do a a mouth inhale of my 18mg but dont inhale into my lungs, now Im wondering if I crave that for the nicotine that gets absorbed into my mouth or for the action of hand to mouth smoking which I've been doing for 8 years!

Super Member ECF Veteran glowgirl's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, you do absorb nicotine through your mouth. There are many capillaries under your tongue that pic it right up....however, if you don't get withdrawal symptoms when you don't smoke/vape then it is probably little enough that you aren't physically addicted to the nicotine but habitually addicted to the act of vaping. Honestly, vaping is great with or without nic. It tastes good, gives you something to do with your hands and makes me smell like cookies. What's not to like?
    KHolt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by glowgirl View Post
    Well, you do absorb nicotine through your mouth. There are many capillaries under your tongue that pic it right up....however, if you don't get withdrawal symptoms when you don't smoke/vape then it is probably little enough that you aren't physically addicted to the nicotine but habitually addicted to the act of vaping. Honestly, vaping is great with or without nic. It tastes good, gives you something to do with your hands and makes me smell like cookies. What's not to like?
    I mean this is what I'm hoping to discover, 4 days ago I was a 1.5 PAD smoker, and somehow overnight I no longer get cravings for cigarettes, which I am both very happy and extremely suspicious about, but oh well I'm not going to complain

The test is when I get my 0mg, if I can happily vape that every now n then and be fine, then I know I'm getting absolutely no nicotine and so the physical addiction is finished, so yeah I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience about this

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by edotman View Post
    I mean this is what I'm hoping to discover, 4 days ago I was a 1.5 PAD smoker, and somehow overnight I no longer get cravings for cigarettes, which I am both very happy and extremely suspicious about, but oh well I'm not going to complain

The test is when I get my 0mg, if I can happily vape that every now n then and be fine, then I know I'm getting absolutely no nicotine and so the physical addiction is finished, so yeah I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience about this
    I was a 3 PAD smoker and quit the very same day I started vaping. I used 24mg and have recently gone down to 18mg. I never really cared what the nic level was, but I recently figured, what the heck.

Quite a few people vape 0 nic. But few, if any, of them went straight to 0 nic in no time flat, which is what you are suggesting.
    Right now, you are getting 18mg. That's about right for a 1.5 PAD smoker. Not inhaling makes little, if any, difference.

The vast majority of nicotine is absorbed through the mucous membranes in your head. Not inhaling into the lungs has a very low impact on the amount of nic you are absorbing. Don't think for a second that because you don't inhale, you can switch right over to 0 nic without craving. Keep your 18mg around cuz I have a feeling you're going to want it, at least some of the time.

Rather than bite off the whole enchilada at once, better to ratchet down over a little bit of time. It's not going to hurt you if it takes a few months or a year to get down to 0 nic. Nicotine isn't the problem. Smoke is the problem, and you've already licked that one.
    Last edited by sailorman; 03-22-2012 at 11:35 PM.
    jifjifjif and tidegirl like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I have been at this for a bit over 9 months now , and just recently went to 0 nic . Started at 24 , then to 18 , 12 , then 6 , now 0 , but still enjoy the habit of smoking / vaping . So yes , you probably can whip the nicotine habit .
    Unhooked likes this.
    SS Sigelei Zmax V3 , an Innokin VTR , a Gus , an Nzonic V3 , a RAI Vape Launcher , and a Sentinel , Smok Magneto , a Private V2 , a Caravela , a Chi You , (2) RSST's and (1) AC9 & several RDA's

Super Member ECF Veteran

I tried cutting down my nic to 0, but ended up getting overwhelmed with stress for a few weeks and endeds up back on analogs for 6 months! After 9 months smoke-free on vaping!

Now I am learning pretty much the reason nicotine is dangerous is that if you get it from CIGARETTES, it is keeping you addicted to a very dangerous habit. But the nicotine by itself, used normally, is not really dangerous (no more than too much caffeine). So this time I am not going to stress about the nic. I may cut down but I am already doing mostly 11 mg liquid which isn't high anyway. I'm going to do higher nic when I am stressed (because this is when I am tempted to smoke), higher nic in the morning, and lower when I am chain-vaping.

So far this is working for me.
    Unhooked likes this.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Tinajfreeman makes a good point. It can be risky trying to cut down to 0 nic. too soon. IF all you have is 0 nic and you just came off a 1.5 PAD habit, the chances are high that you'll be running down to the convenience store for a pack of analogs. Don't even try it. Keep your 18mg around. It might well be the only thing standing between you and analogs.
    0mg Meniere and Vwls like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by sailorman View Post
    ...Nicotine isn't the problem. Smoke is the problem, and you've already licked that one.
    This.

Presumably because it's known to be addictive, nicotine has been chosen as the Great Satan among the thousands of toxins that swim freely in cigarette smoke—despite the fact that it's not a carcinogen.

Remove it from guilt by association with those chemicals that are—which by vaping, you do—and it might be viewed in the same light as caffeine: also addictive, also a mild vasoconstricter—also a simple pleasure.
    sailorman and vaporator2000 like this.

“If only God would give me some clear sign! Like making a large deposit in my name at a Swiss bank.” (Woody Allen)

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast