Best way to vape 0 nic but emulate the real smoking experience?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Best way to vape 0 nic but emulate the real smoking experience?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Best way to vape 0 nic but emulate the real smoking experience?

OK, so I smoked usually 5-8 analogs (usually marlboro menthol 100s or marlboro light menthol 100s) a day for maybe 30 years, with periods of quitting completely for years at a time in there - usually a "closet smoker" though my wife knew about it and my kids caught me a few times. About 4 years ago I knew I was going to become the pastor of a small church and even though I don't have a moral problem with smoking, I know so many Christians judge smokers as bad or weak, so I knew I had to quit for good to do my job well so I did. At least 4 years without smoking for me. (Please don't turn this into a discussion of Christian smokers).

I still think about it regularly and really enjoyed smoking. I enjoyed the inhaling and watching the smoke, the flavor of the menthol, I just really like smoking even though I did it in moderation. My experience is that even one more analog and I'd be back on the road to being a smoker again and I don't want to do that. But with vaping and 0 nic there is a whole new opportunity for me to enjoy this without being addicted or having the stink and hiding that analog smoking would involve.

What I would like to try, without investing a ton of money, is to get an e-cig that looks very much like a regular cork tip cig, maybe even lights up some color when you drag on it, and the draw feels like really smoking. I know with the giant vaping devices available and popular here that an e-cig that looks like an analog is not what most people are looking for but I'm trying to be as close to analog in look and feel as possible, as that is all part of what I enjoyed. I've read enough to know that many of the e-cigs that look very close to analogs are JUNK, so I need some advice here.

A lot of vapor and a decent 0 nic throat hit is important to me, BUT it would need to have NO nicotine, seriously, I know it may not be bad for you when you vape it but I want to be in control, I don't want to be controlled by an urge to smoke due to the chemicals.

I have no clue if there is a pre-packaged e-cig that would do all that: similar in look and feel and vapor quantity and taste to smoking a marlboro menthol, but no nic, not too expensive, and preferably low maintenance.

Not positive if this is the right forum for this but I'm very interested in your no-nic and "similar to analog" experience and suggestions. Thanks. Feel free to point me to other threads where this is already discussed.
    Last edited by Unhooked; 11-08-2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: fix typo

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

NOTE - just my humble opinion but I think there is a HUGE market for a product like this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by A_Pastor View Post
    NOTE - just my humble opinion but I think there is a HUGE market for a product like this.
    Most starter kits that you can build online give you the option of ordering o nicotine cartomizers. The stuff I picked up at the local stores all had kits that came with nicotine cartomizers. However the option was there to pick up a pack of zero nicotine cartomizers seperatly. Finding something that tastes just like a cigarette is hard to do. Nothing I have tried has tasted just like the real deal. Most of the posts I've read on here say the same thing. There are a few out there I hear come close. Maybe post in the general e liquid about it. Good on you for getting to a point of just wanting to be done with nicotine. Getting there my self. Best of luck!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Yeah there already IS a big market for a product like this lol.. Just buy a 510 kit and order some 0 nicotine juice from Avid Vapor or Madvapes or somewhere similar. You'll love it buddy. Enjoy!
    Provari, Reo, Nzonic, SilverBullet, Natural, Evic, Bolt, Telescope, Kuwako, eGos, Volts. Mainly RBA Drippers & Novas.
    Vaping since 2009. You have to leave the house to find something worth staying for.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

What 510 kit looks the most like a regular cork tip? Do the 510's all come with a button on the side? Not sure I need that much of a throat hit (I've been watching some youtube videos).

Blog Entries

Are you wanting to order online? Look for an automatic battery if you want to avoid the button. I personally love my cheap 808 stuff. Volt from smokeless image is a popular one. If I was going to order another cig a like it would be that or the v2.
    xyanide likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

the new eroll from healthcabin.com is a good cig-alike I guess. but really, depending on how much your want to use it, it may to annoy you (because it needs so much charging) or it may be perfect. If you go out with it and it has a low charge, and your PCC is uncharged, your not going to have a good time when that battery dies. This is a huge problem with the smaller e-cigs. But, for someone that only smoke 5-6 cigarettes a day, oh brother, it'd be perfect. As far as throat hit, like many have said, the higher the nicotine content, the stronger the throat hit. Most like 18mg juice for a nice throat hit, 18 to 24mg juice is a great hit. I personally use 11 to 12mg juice and the throat hit is muted. Its still there every other hit or every few hits, but not each and every hit. If I NEED throat hit, I throw my carto full of 12mg juice on a mechanical mod with no auto shut off and I take a looong drag (which will deliver more nicotine obviously) OR I take some of my flavorless 18mg juice out and add it to some of my 12mg juice in a atomizer. Both will work. But for the most part, I'm happy with 12mg juice for TH.
    Last edited by Plumes.91; 11-13-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    Provari, Reo, Nzonic, SilverBullet, Natural, Evic, Bolt, Telescope, Kuwako, eGos, Volts. Mainly RBA Drippers & Novas.
    Vaping since 2009. You have to leave the house to find something worth staying for.

Sin Bin ECF Veteran

0 nicotine eliquid = 0 throat hit regardless of what your PV looks like. Anyone who says otherwise is blowing smoke/vaper up your back side. But since you only smoke 5 -6 cigs a day, I'm not sure why it matters. For 99% of us, if we had only smoked 5 - 6 a day, quitting completely would have been easy regardless of the method we used.
    Plumes.91 and Sm0kyBlue like this.

As far as e-liquids go I really enjoy Vaperite, which recently came out with a Throat Hit Booster. You can add that to any nicotine free juice--there may be a steep time--and you get your throat hit without any nicotine, I'm taking it for a trial run, so far so good. They carry a wide assortment of organic and natural extracts that are delicious. My personal favorites are Cuban Supreme, Rou's Natural Hazelnut, House Extracted Perique, and a Menthol Maker in Medium strength Menthol w/ 777. I do buy these in 12mg strength nicotine, but am also wanting to cut back on the nicotine.

Sin Bin ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ancfm95 View Post
    As far as e-liquids go I really enjoy Vaperite, which recently came out with a Throat Hit Booster. You can add that to any nicotine free juice--there may be a steep time--and you get your throat hit without any nicotine,............
    This does NOT provide the throat hit that is generated by nicotine. It may provide a throat irritation due to pepper, etc being added, but not the throat hit provided by nicotine.
    JENerationX and Sm0kyBlue like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast