Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: I think it may happen soon

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default I think it may happen soon

Hi guys, As of today I have been at 0 nic for over 1 month. The next step for me is to stop vaping altogether. The only reason I won't yet is that I go back to work and I think that will be my true test. With my job I am by myself all day and sometimes do a lot of driving. I figure if I go to the end of May feeling I don't care if I vape or not, then I will just quit. To think 5 months ago I was a 2 pad smoker and now at 0 nic and 0 smokes. I didn't think it would ever happen to me.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyh View Post
    Hi guys, As of today I have been at 0 nic for over 1 month. The next step for me is to stop vaping altogether. The only reason I won't yet is that I go back to work and I think that will be my true test. With my job I am by myself all day and sometimes do a lot of driving. I figure if I go to the end of May feeling I don't care if I vape or not, then I will just quit. To think 5 months ago I was a 2 pad smoker and now at 0 nic and 0 smokes. I didn't think it would ever happen to me.
    way awesome dude. at zero nicotine, even if you don't stop vaping, you should be able to be classified as a non smoker. biblical is the word that comes to mind. to steal a quote from butters, Matt and Trey- you're an inspiration to us all
    Ryedan and jimmyh like this.

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Nice going jimmyh and more power to you! I'm close to zero nic but not thinking about quitting vaping yet. Maybe I'm just too afraid still, like I was about quitting smoking last year. Or maybe I'll see the light next month

Let us know how it's going.
    Vapoor eyes er and jimmyh like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MiamiMom63's Avatar

That's great. I'm down to 8 mgs. But it's hard for me to drop lower than that. Seems huge actually so you should be very proud of yourself!
    jimmyh likes this.
    Check out our Vape Meets for South Florida at www.southfloridavapers.com

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I'm down to 6mg but I found myself vaping more than on 18mg. I think I'll get down to 0 some day. I lift my hat and nod at you good sir.
    jimmyh likes this.

ECF Veteran

I still vape after meals, first thing in the morning but not too much during the day. Even if I stop vaping, I will always carry some just in case gear with me.

ECF Veteran

Well, how did it go?

(I ask because I haven't had nic in almost a month, and I'm mostly off the vape for the last couple of weeks, maybe a puff or two every few days just to quell any anxiety...)
    I'm confident that history will judge e-cigarettes to be as beneficial for public health as childhood vaccines, antibiotics, condoms, pasturization, and sewage/water treatment. --Bill Godshall, Executive Director Smokefree Pennsylvania

Full Member Verified Member

You all are a great inspiration for me, I have been vaping for almost 4 months now, started at 24mg now mostly 18 and some 12, but don't feel like I could drop down yet to even 12 all the time. Any ejuice recommendations for low nic aside from menthol?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MiamiMom63's Avatar

Best way to lower nic is using a rebuildable atomizer because low nic still gives you great throat hit. If you are a new Vaper, just try continuing to get used to not smoking for a bit. Eventually get a mod that reads ohms and has the proper safety features for making your own coils and get a cheap rebuildable. Something like an Igo-l works just fine and they are like $15 maybe. They just hit hard and satisfy you at a lower nic. Plus it's cheaper in the long run.
    Last edited by MiamiMom63; 08-27-2013 at 10:16 AM.
    Check out our Vape Meets for South Florida at www.southfloridavapers.com

Was it easy to cut back the nicotine? I've tried the patch numerous times and stepping down was always a challenge for me. Is it noticeable when you reduce or remove nicotine when vaping? I just started vaping 5 days ago and quit tobacco cigs 8 days ago. I don't desire tobacco anymore but I love vaping. Maybe it's just new to me and that'll wear off, but for now I'm hooked on vaping and I think it's more than just the nicotine. It's actually enjoyable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast