What Did You Do Today? - Page 6
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: What Did You Do Today?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I finished a months worth of book and practical training, studying, testing and sweating the results of 16 hours of testing (passed with ~94% out of the 496 individual points on the combined tests). Received praise and congratulations from all the senior Officers, was offered on of the permanent positions of Mobile Emergency Responder yesterday. Today, I walked around in circles for 8 hours to make sure a 3 story building didn't disappear... What a way to utilize a month's worth of training! I think I need a beer. Maybe a hug too.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Congrats on finishing!!! Here's a virtual ((hug))...although what you probably need more is a foot soak! That's alot of walking...

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

When it rains, it pours! Just got another job offer. Well, an interview with the HR manager at least. I think I might be happier back in a factory vs assisting terminations of a non-zombie type at least.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by whynotvap View Post
    When it rains, it pours! Just got another job offer. Well, an interview with the HR manager at least. I think I might be happier back in a factory vs assisting terminations of a non-zombie type at least.
    Wow, That's pretty cool!
    As long as the factory isn't run by Mac!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I think Mac's is a combination of the two
    technovapir likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Illustrated_Man's Avatar

I went to an estate sale today, picked up some tools, a 20 gauge sxs muzzleloader and a Mossberg 402 lever action .22 rifle in need of repair/tinkering....all for $40.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sweet! Muzzle loaders are a blast to shoot. Look around and see if you can find a mold for casting your own .600 diameter lead balls and you'll have a blast with it. The actual diameter is .615 for a 20 gauge but you want to leave a little off for safety's sake. Just don't make the mistake of firing both barrels with 'slugs' in there or your shoulder will never forgive you! I did that once with a 12g black powder and my shoulder blades clicked together when it ripped itself out of my left hand... The stump had a massive chunk blown out of it but my brother rolling around on the ground laughing his butt off was the pic of the day!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Illustrated_Man's Avatar

Shoulder? I plan on turning it into a 'howdah' pistol...now *that* will be a flippin' blast!

Mac
    Blog Entries

I don't like the word factory. It sounds so opressive. I would to prefer to think of it as a voluntary productivity facility. Yes that sounds warm and fuzzy.

Remember, steak and shrimp never gets boring as fast as cold beans..
    I'd hate to advocate nicotine use, violence and insanity. But they've always worked for me.

PV Master ECF Veteran

Mmmmmm . . . Cold beans!

Accidentally sent when I sat on my phone.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast