Virgin Vapor Full-Time
Analytical Flavor Chemist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
ANALYTICAL FLAVOR CHEMIST
Who we are: Virgin Vapor is a local, fast growing company in Lakeport, CA. We have one goal; to make the highest quality, organically flavored e-liquid available. We offer what our customers tell us is some of the best customer service around. We talk to and listen to our customers and work hard to improve our products and our customer service every day.
We are looking for an Analytical Flavor Chemist. Working with Senior Management, you will assist in the design and build out of an ISO 6 modular laboratory, with the best equipment and quality standards to meet regulations and consumer demand. Perform analyses on both flavors and finished products, combining analytical sciences with artistic creativity to develop successful e-liquid sensory experiences.
Create e-cigarette flavors and develop methods for the analysis of flavors. Ensure uniformity of nicotine levels and consistency of all e-liquid product.
Train production personnel, trouble-shoot issues involving customers and/or flavor production challenges.
Carry concept from laboratory to plant-production reality.
In addition, the ideal candidate will have experience and skill sets in the following:
• Supercritical Fluid Extraction (SFE)
• Working at the bench applying chemical methods of analysis including GC, HPLC, IC separations (chromatography), GC-MS and LC-MS to identify ingredients/impurities/degradation products of household consumer products, particularly those that result from oxidation and other common chemical reactions. Strong GC mass spectral interpretation skills are a plus.
• Skilled at operating, maintaining, troubleshooting complex analytical instrumentation such as GC, HPLC, GC-MS and LC-MS.
• Experience in the analysis of volatile compounds such as odors and flavors, and knowledge of the chemistry that brings about their formation through organic, enzymatic and microbial pathways.
• Analytical techniques/methods to characterize formulations containing oxidants and other technologies. GC sample prep and introduction techniques such as Headspace SPME and DHS would be highly desirable. Experience with various chemical derivatization schemes for GC analysis for a variety of sample matrices would be a plus. Experience/working-knowledge of NMR, FT-IR and other spectroscopy methods is a plus.
Qualified candidates will be technically advanced, highly motivated, self-starters who can apply their skills to diverse, challenging, and practical product problems in a fast-paced team environment. They must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to juggle multiple projects and work well in a team environment. They must enjoy working in the lab and be comfortable contributing to projects that span a wide variety of consumer and professional product applications in a fast-paced business environment with rapidly changing needs and priorities. They will be expected to communicate and collaborate with colleagues in a variety of diverse disciplines, seniority and functions to deliver relevant business-building solutions. They will network with vendors, contract labs and other external resources to acquire the best technology and/or solutions. They are skilled at effectively communicating solutions to problems and advocating appropriate recommendations to technical management and the business community in general.
SOP’s and test methods
ISO 9001 standards
Ph.D., Analytical Chemistry, Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry or Analytical Biochemistry.
Please send your cover letter and resume using the form below. No phone calls, please.
742 total views, 2 today