Here are the links to each of my blog entries. This index will be updated as new entries are added.
You are responsible for your own safety!
These batteries are designed, manufactured, and sold only for use in a battery pack with the proper protection circuitry and battery management system. They were not designed for vaping (electronic cigarette) use or for use without protection circuitry. Use of these batteries is AT YOUR OWN RISK!
Misusing or mishandling lithium-ion batteries can pose a SERIOUS RISK of personal injury or property damage.
Link to All My YouTube Videos
- Only buy batteries from a known, trusted vendor of genuine batteries.
- Never use a battery, charger, or device that is not in perfect working order.
- The plastic battery wrap and top insulating ring must always be kept in perfect condition to prevent short-circuiting of the battery which can result in the battery bursting.
- Never exceed the battery's continuous discharge rating (CDR) or charge rating.
- I am not responsible for any damage or injury sustained by anyone using this information to select a battery.
Links to All My Tests and My Recommended Batteries
Test Results, Ratings, and Performance Tables
Assorted Battery Stuff
- The MVA limits in my table are not vaping ratings…removed
- Battery Charge Current Ratings Table
- LiPo Ratings and Performance Table
- 18350/18500 Ratings and Performance Table
- 18650 Battery Ratings Table
- 20700/21700 Battery Ratings Table
- 26650 Ratings and Performance Table
- Mooch articles and test results are now available on Phil Bisardo's TasteYourJuice site
Some Good Vendors
- Do we need to break in our LiPo batteries?
- Is there a good alternative to the Sony VTC4?
- Can we use LiFePO4 batteries for vaping, like the ones made by A123?
- Be careful when using high-capacity 18650 batteries!
- Li-Ion battery theory, aging, and failure mechanism papers
- How can we extend the life of our batteries?
- When should you replace a battery?
- What is battery internal resistance?
- Li-Ion Battery Chemistries - What are the differences in their safety?
- Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod (device)
- Battery pulse ratings are useless!
- There are no 18650's with a genuine current rating over 30A!
- Rice doesn't help dry anything!
- Is it safe to use a charger's "recovery" feature to bring back an overdischarged battery?