Seasons Greetings. Just to let you know that a new giveaway has just started.
This one's from our friends at Humble Vape Co. and I hope you'll take part for a chance to be one of the ten winners of their great prizes.
See our giveaway page for full details. This one's for US residents only.
Here are the links to each of my blog entries. This index will be updated as new entries are added.
You are responsible for your own safety!
If you are using a loose or individual battery or batteries you need to take precautions:
- Only buy batteries from a known, trusted vendor of genuine batteries.
- Never use a charger or device that is not in perfect working order.
- The plastic battery wrap and top insulating ring must be kept in perfect condition.
- Never exceed the battery's rating without understanding the risk.
Links to All My Tests and My Recommended Batteries
Test Results, Ratings, and Performance Tables
- The MVA limits in my table are not vaping ratings…removed
- Battery Charge Current Ratings Table
- LiPo Ratings and Performance Table
- 18350/18500 Ratings and Performance Table
- 18650 Battery Ratings Table
- 20700/21700 Battery Ratings Table
- 26650 Ratings and Performance Table
- Lithium-Ion Charger Safety and Durability Test Results
Assorted Battery Stuff
- Do we need to break in our LiPo batteries?
- Is there a good alternative to the Sony VTC4?
- Can we use LiFePO4 batteries for vaping, like the ones made by A123?
- Be careful when using high-capacity 18650 batteries!
- Li-Ion battery theory, aging, and failure mechanism papers
- How can we extend the life of our batteries?
- When should you replace a battery?
- What is battery internal resistance?
- Li-Ion Battery Chemistries - What are the differences in their safety?
- Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod (device)
- Battery pulse ratings are useless!
- There are no 18650's with a genuine current rating over 30A!
- Rice doesn't help dry anything!
- Is it safe to use a charger's "recovery" feature to bring back an overdischarged battery?/URL]
My Background, Equipment and Testing Methods