The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

26650 Safety Grades and Pulse Performance Data

Published by Mooch in the blog Mooch's blog. Views: 45775

The batteries I tested can change what's underneath the wrap at any time. Since there are no 26650's from Samsung, Sony, or LG available to us this can happen any time, even if the battery is not being counterfeited.

This table was created to help you choose a battery based on discharge current levels that should be safe to vape with even if your regulated mod autofires or your mech mod's fire button is accidentally pressed for a long period. The recommendations in these tables also help to minimize damage to the battery that shortens its life due to overheating.

It also contains pulse discharge performance data for experienced vapers who thouroughly understand their mod, Ohm's Law, and battery safety.

You can find the test results, my comments, pictures of the cells, and the discharge graphs at:
26650 Battery Bench Test Results and New Ratings Table

The recommendations in these tables are not the maximum power or current levels that the batteries can operate at!
We pulse our batteries when we vape. This means we can use them at much higher levels than what the continuous current tests show. This table lists the actual continuous current rating for the battery, based on my testing, and how hard you can push them and still be safe in case of a device malfunction (which can discharge the battery continuously). You can push them beyond the recommendations in these tables. Each person has to weigh the risk and make their own decision as to how far they will go.

This data is not just stuff gathered from around the Web. The grades are based on the results of my battery tests: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Note: The conclusions and recommendations I make here are only my personal opinion. Carefully research any battery you are considering using before purchasing.

Caution: You are responsible for your own safety! These tables are only meant as a first step for you to use in narrowing down the best choices for the way you vape. Do not use them as the only source of information when picking a battery to use! This is especially true if you intend to use a battery at over 50% of its continuous current rating. I am not responsible for any damage or injury sustained by anyone using this table to select a battery.

PLEASE DO NOT CROP OFF THE EXPLANATIONS (FOR THE TABLE ENTRIES) AND MY WARNINGS WHEN DISTRIBUTING THE TABLE! IT MAKES THINGS VERY CONFUSING AND CAUSES A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE TO ASK ME A LOT OF QUESTIONS ABOUT THE TABLE.

IMG_0611.jpg

Click the thumbnail above to open the full size table.
Comments are disabled for this entry