A call for simplicity.

As I write I am using the Eleaf 60W TC. Like many of you, I have several other mods and several different tanks.
It took a little while to get the hang of my new TC, but it took a while when I got my first variable anything. And that's a problem, perhaps for many "The Problem."
I bet each of us knows at least one person who tried then gave up on E-Cigs. Some say taste, some buy a piece of crap, some say it's too much hassle. The majority of tobacco cig smokers want something that is just like a cigarette. They pick it up, light it and get the result they want. No settings, nothing that wears out, needs replacing, or refilling. Nothing much to learn, easy, simple and great results.
We on the other hand are nerdy gadget geeks. We love the buttons, settings, batteries, cords; the endless variety and constant upgrades. Much, if not all of the money we save since we stopped using tobacco is spent on our electronic cigarette gadgets. We try and discard juice, tanks, coils, and mods, surely have trashed by share.
I love this forum, it's my main source of information on E-Cig topics. It's my go to place, even though I don't often post myself, as I see there are many more out there much more knowledgeable than I. I see topics, for the most part, tend to divide themselves into newbie questions and response from the knowledgeable. Or put another way, those trying to quit tobacco and the geeks.
What suppliers who really wish to expand their market need to do is appeal to tobacco smokers, duplicate for them that same experience. Pick it up, and smoke. No settings, no controls, no coils, wires, or complexity. Us geeks will always represent a small and wonderful market, but we ain't gonna make any manufacturer rich.
Reactions: dcfluegel

Comments

Blog entry information

Author
Shadowtao
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in ECF Blogs

More entries from Shadowtao

• Military Veterans
    If anyone needs any help with the VA, I am your guy. I worked for the...