Billet Box Boro Tank Issues and Answers

(Thank you so much, Rab D, for the following information. This info has been authorized by BBV as accurate and perfectly fine to share on ECF!)

Alas, new problem: the seal on my 2/3 month old Boro is loose. It seems to have stretched, and is difficult to get in place and stay where it should. Has anybody else encountered this / found a fix?

Alas, I'm not musical like spacelord, so no guitar pick - made do with the pink plastic filling needle which came with the BB. I contacted BBV, and received reply below with permission to post it here on ECF - may interest other Boro users, sooner or later!

"Hi there! Sounds like a dry gasket issue. I'm including some gasket changing instructions (you won't need a new gasket but follow all the other steps)
1) Disassemble the tank and take the old gasket out, rinse out the tank (clean it well), make sure the track where the gasket sits is nice and clean
2) take the new gasket and with a microfiber cloth and a little denatured alcohol wipe the gasket and make sure it’s very, very clean (no hair or little debris fragments)
3) lay the gasket into the track and use a toothpick to push it into the track (don’t poke it in, be very careful), specifically around the five nubs on the gasket.
4) Now that the gasket is in place, make sure it’s perfectly flat and it’s not bulged up anywhere. Then take the glass piece and make sure that as well is very clean. Then take some e-juice and put it over the entire gasket, spread it around to make sure the gasket is covered. That will allow the glass to easily slide into place.
5) When you slide the glass into place make sure the tab on the bottom of the glass face is on the right side. Very slowly start pushing the glass into the groove if the tank. Don’t force it. Once it’s all the way up pull it down again about 1/4 of the way and push it back up - do that a couple of times to make sure the gasket is seeded well.
6) Visually check that there are no weird air pockets or spots where the gasket isn’t touching the glass.
The key is cleanliness and putting e-juice on the gasket!!"

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
Katdarling
Views
Last update

More entries in ECF Blogs

More entries from Katdarling