Getting Snookered

Being that I am relatively new to the vaping World, I am very gullable when I walk into a Vape Shop for the 1st time and start asking questions. This was true when I walked into a local Vape Shop when I got off of work this past Friday. An associate from work goes there and since I have been going to a Vape Shop a little closer to where I live, I thought I would give this shop a try and see what they had.

Well the guy behind the counter was very informative and I had gained a lot of knowledge from him. After he filled my head with information, I eased over to the counter to try out some of the flavors they had there. I seen a few that I liked and inquired if they had 8mg versions of what I liked. I was told no that all they had was 6mg and 12mg. Being that I am comfortable with 8mg and thinking that 6mg would be to light and I would slip back into smoking the stinkies, I got the 12mg. When I got home, I soon found out thatthat was a mistake and I should have gotten the 6mg after all. The 12mg is way to strong and now I have to get something to cut it down. Dont know what but I am sure I will find out by asking on the Forums. It will be just something else I am going to have to buy in my persuit of the perfect Vape.

When I got home I also found out that the Kranger ProTank II that I purchased from this shop was not authentic but a fake. I did not find this out until I read a post on another Forum I am a member of. I looked at my new clearomizer and sure enough, I had purchased a fake. Feeling like I have been taken advantage of, I am not sure what I should do next. Should I go back to the shop and raise Holy Cane? Doubt it because that would get me no where fast and the shop will still have my money. Will probably just chalf it up as experience and know what to look for the next time I purchase items from a local Vape Shop.

There is a lot of people who know that there are a lot of people coming in to the vaping World every day that are ignorant to all aspects of this lifestyle. And it is some of those people who are trusted to sell them good quality items that take advantage of the people not so enlightened to what they are getting into when they make the commitment to become part of this way of life. I have only been in this vaping for a couple weeks now and I have learned alot but the most important thing I have learned is to never assume anything and always do the homework so you know what you are getting, what it should look like, how it should work and why you are getting it in the first place.

Thanks For Reading.

Comments

Sorry, you got a fake.:( I hope your regular shop will not lead you astray. I too, bought some ego-c atomizers that they said were joyetech, each one burnt up in two days, and tasted like carp. (You know what I mean.):p I now rely on what I research myself and try to know what I am buying. Some clones of the high-end mods are really good. Pay attention to the reviews. Vape on anyway, and be alert! :blink:

Blog entry information

Author
simplynewt
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in ECF Blogs

More entries from simplynewt