How to add a signature banner to your ECF signature

Hello, and welcome to Signatures 101. This simple guide will walk you through the process of adding a picture to your signature (these pictures are called "Forum Banners"). This is an example banner and is already in use by an ECF member:

OLDMAN1_zpsbdd8dda6.gif

When you use your mouse or touchpad to right click on the banner, a dialog box pops up. One of the options is "Copy image URL." (on a mac it's "copy image address") Left click on that. The dialog box will disappear. This is normal.
Untitled-3_zps6158ef30.jpg

Next, you want to go to the top right hand corner of any page on ECF. Click on "Settings." This will take you to your "User Control Panel."
Step2_zps30548caa.gif

About halfway down that page, on the left hand side, is a box marked "Edit Signature," click on that.
Step3_zpsf5bf9096.gif

Which will bring you to this page (before doing the next step, if you have a quit banner already, check to see that the cursor is where you want it, because that will determine whether the new signature banner is in front of or behind/or above or below the quit banner).
step4_zps74cac263.gif

Click on the "Insert Image" button. a dialog box will appear in the middle of the screen.
step5_zps7237d087.gif

It will prompt you to add an image from Url. Right click on the box under "URL" as marked in step 1. Another dialog box will pop up. Left click on "Paste," then click on "OK."
step6_zps76e68dd7.gif

If you want you can use the buttons indicated in step 1 above to have your signature appear on the left, right, or centered under your posts. Step 2, left click on "Save Signature" and you are done.

LINKING YOUR SIGNATURE TO A WEBSITE

If you want the signature to link to ProVape, just copy and paste this text into your signature editor, (bypassing the "insert image" button):

Code:
[noparse][URL="http://www.provape.com/"][IMG]http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg505/PLANofMAN/OLDMAN1_zpsbdd8dda6.gif[/IMG][/URL][/noparse]

Remember, this is for the example signature I showed at the beginning of this post. You will need to replace the IMG link with the link for your own picture. If you want it to link to a different website, replace the URL with the URL of the website of your choice.

Comments

Plan, I cannot get the cursor to activate in the signature block. I added the pic and it shows below my quit banner however when I save, the Provari pic does not show up in the signature. Any suggestions?

For some reason I get the error message
The following errors occurred with your submission

You have included a total of 2 images in your message. The maximum number that you may include is 1. Please correct the problem and then continue again.
But I only have the 1 image banner?

triplemom;bt11366 said:
For some reason I get the error message
The following errors occurred with your submission

You have included a total of 2 images in your message. The maximum number that you may include is 1. Please correct the problem and then continue again.
But I only have the 1 image banner?
If you are not an ECF supporting member, there is a glitch in the software that will throw up that message. The rules of the forum state that you can have both a quit banner and a signature banner. I suggest you send a PM to Dusty_D (ECF mod) and he will get your problem sorted out.

I'm trying to add a Website Link to my Image. Whether I just add the Link to the Signature Edit box or bring up the Link box via the World Icon, it doesn't work. It just leaves the Website URL address sitting beside my Image. I'm using an iPad. Is there another way to make this work?

I am a new member currently 5 days into the world of this forum.
I do not have an edit signature tab available?
Is there another way of populating an E signature Banner.

thewomenfolk;bt11483 said:
I'm trying to add a Website Link to my Image. Whether I just add the Link to the Signature Edit box or bring up the Link box via the World Icon, it doesn't work. It just leaves the Website URL address sitting beside my Image. I'm using an iPad. Is there another way to make this work?
Sorry. I don't check my blogs very often. The only way to make it work is to copy the same format laid out in the "code" box above. I recommend copying that text and replace that text with your URL and IMG links, then paste that directly into your edit signature box, bypassing the image and link buttons altogether.

Blog entry information

Author
PLANofMAN
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in ECF Blogs

More entries from PLANofMAN