So I know I originally intended to only blog about random builds that I've figuring out, but it just dawned on me that there are SO many important information out there in ECF, except that they are buried in MASSIVE threads. so I figured I'm gonna start compiling and categorizing these information; mostly just because it'll be useful for my own reference, and well, it would turn out to be useful for some folks.
First thing! If anyone is looking for:
1) a source of replacement o-rings
2) replacement deck screws with flat bottoms (many clones have crappy post screws that are rounded at the bottom, making it real hard to capture your leads)
and like me, refuse to pay the ridiculous mark up for normally dirt-cheap and accessible parts, you're in luck.
(Btw, the information in this post is courtesy of the very kind ECF-er, Akdare)
1) Fill screw oring (the super tiny ones): 2mm inner diameter x 1mm wide
2) Chimney (sits in the top cap, where the top chimney section slides through): 5mm inner diameter x 1.5 mm wide
3) Base and other sections: 18mm inner diameter x 1mm wide
1) Fill Screw oring: http://www.mcmaster.com/#9262k101/
2) Chimney oring: http://www.mcmaster.com/#9262k121/
3) Base and other sections orings: http://www.mcmaster.com/#9262k616/
1) What: Those tiny screws for capturing the leads on the deck. Critical dimension: M1.6x0.35mm
1) http://www.ebay.com/itm/Machine-Scr...768?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d1ed99528. (If this is no longer listed, look for the seller Zoro Tools, and find the Cheese A2 SS 3mm Slotted screws. I've found the 3mm to be absolutely perfect)
2) http://www.fastener-express.com/m1.6-x-35-x-3mm-pan-phil-machine-screws-stainless-qty-50-1.aspx (this is a philips head instead of slotted)
There are definitely other sources, but these are the 2 places I've personally bought from and tested them. The main thing about these screws is the fact that the bottom of the screw head is flat, allowing for super easy captures.
2) What: Fill hole screws! (information courtesy of Paul.K)
a. Kayfun Lite: M2.5 Countersunk, length = 4mm
b. KFL+ : M2.5 Pan head, length = 4mm
b2. From MaxUT: For the KFL+, apparently the M2.5 x 0.45 x 5 screw also works (Havent verified this myself)
Where: No clue for a. and b. I personally haven't bought these replacements before so i can't help. If you know of a source, please let me know!
For b2, it can be found here: http://www.mcmaster.com/#92000a103/
and oh lastly as a side rant,
to all you sneaky greedy vendors charging $8 to $15 for a tiny pack of o-rings, shame on you guys and well, *** you.
You need to be logged in to comment