SFATA power breakfast with California State Senator Joel Anderson
SFATA are being hosted by California State Senator Joel Anderson this Weds for a "power breakfast". You can bring your input and ideas to him at his El Cajon district office between 9.30 and 10.30. If you're interested and can attend, please visit www.tinyurl.com/SFATApowerbreakfast
to book a place. Thanks!
May 4, 2014
It has been 42 days since I have had a cigarette.
Just want to remind people it can be done.
Some thoughts and observations.
- Enjoy the single bottom coil from kanger. No serious problems with leakage or getting a bad coil.
Must be lucky.
- Ecig forum has some of the best information out there. Join.Join.Join.
- A ton of info on the internet and from my local B&M's.
- Nice that I enjoy a number of ejuices from my B&Ms. Less than a 20 minute walk from the house.
- Until I find something better, I am going to rebuild my Evod coils ( around 1.8 ohms, seem to be what I enjoy ) and buy https://vaping.com/tanks?utm_source=ECF&utm_campaign=Wordlink&utm_medium=Wordlink&utm_term=Wordlink%20-%20Tanks that use these. Both hand wrap and micro wraps.
- Goggle and youtube are your friend.
- Always take things I read and view with " a grain of salt ".
- I really believe that 80% of things I read and view are put out there by people who just want to help.
- That my quitting cigarettes was the hardest and best thing I have ever done. After countless times, using every type, only vaping has done the trick.
- I know that nicotine is important, but SEEING the exhale will trigger a small 'switch' in my brain saying " you are giving me what I want".
( remember that for me, it was 40 plus years of getting that signal...)
- I said at the beginning that " this isn't going to be a hobby, just want to quit." I was very wrong.
- If I use the same mind set for coil rebuilding and DIY ejuice that I use at work, rebuilding commerical HVAC systems, I will do OK.
- Being almost 62 years old and having lived through the computer boom from 'trash80's', dail up, DOS, etc.
I can wait to upgrade. I do not need instant results. IT WILL COME...
- Again, very lucky that the first 2 coil rebuilds I did turned out great. Hand wrap, 32ga on 3mm silica wick.
Equipment on hand:
1 650mAh battery
1 11000 stainless color Evod battery
1 Stainless color Evod [replacement=4f1ac37a53eb06e5f24f6d88964d0aeb]https://vaping.com/tanks?utm_source=ECF&utm_campaign=Wordlink&utm_medium=Wordlink&utm_term=Wordlink%20-%20Tanks[/replacement]
1 Black color Evod Tank
1 Kanger T2 Tank
1 CE4 tank
4 Evod coils: 1 ea 2.2 ohm and 3 ea 1.8 coil
2 ea 11 ml Syringes w/ a curved and straight needles
8 ea plastic 10 ml containers w/ caps
1 15ml blue glass bottle w/ eyedropper
10ml, 25ml and 50ml pyrex beakers
1 set of jewelers screwdriver set
1 micro tweeters
1 1/16 drill bit and 5/64 drill bit
foot or so of 30ga and 32ga kanthal wire
some 3mm and 2mm silica wicks
Bag of organic cotton balls
DIY ejuice supplies:
120ml nicotine ( wizardlabs )
120ml PG ( wizardlabs )
120ml VG ( wizardlabs )
8 each flavors, so far ( TFA )
On order: 5 pack of 1.8 ohm Kanger Evod coil heads ( arrives 5/6/2014 )
Need to order:
More Kanthal 30 and 32ga wire
More Silica wicks 3, 2 and 1mm
More small, glass bottles, w/ droppers.
Protank 2 mini
Anyvape Davide Mini
( maybe a full size Protank or full size Anyvape Davide if the mini's work out. )
itaste VV version 3
Evod Twist battery
Side Note: I still have a v2 808d system with a 250mAh auto battery that I refill with my own juice for those times when I feel a smaller size is called for. Not a hassle, and I have 10 extra prefilled tanks to use up.
Just my take on things.