The Last Word on Long-Term Storage of Nicotine Solutions

Published by DVap in the blog DVap's blog. Views: 215

I recently posted in a thread discussing long-term storage of nicotine solutions and it got me thinking that I should post something here on the topic. This is a bit of a repeat of a blog post I made some years ago, but it's been kinda buried under newer posts, so I figure it's time to resurrect it a newer post.

A lot of folks go to great pains to try to keep their DIY nicotine solutions from turning yellow. Much is speculated about the storage-life of these solutions. Is it one year, is it two years, what can be done to maximize the shelf-life?

You know what?

It doesn't really matter.

Consider this image:

View attachment 245344

This is from my old buddy Exogenesis over in the U.K. He had a solution of pharma grade nicotine in PG as seen on the left. Looks great doesn't it?

He took this nice clean nicotine solution and put in an an auto-vaping apparatus he built and then used an electrostatic condenser he built to cause the resulting vapor to rapidly condense back to a liquid.

The image on the right shows what that nice clean nicotine solution on the left turned into after being vaped and re-condensed.

So here's the simply truth of the matter on storage of nicotine solutions:

It doesn't really matter.

Before your nice clean nicotine ever hits your mouth, you've already aged it more than years of storage ever could, just by firing up your atty.
beachroadbum likes this.
  • timbit
  • DVap
  • kinabaloo
  • kinabaloo
  • tnt56
  • Starlyte2
You need to be logged in to comment