Two Year Vaperversary Blog

I quit smoking two years ago today, the day I picked up my first eGo kit and iClear 16 clearomizer. I've learned so much about vaping since then. For instance, I never thought I'd know an equation well enough to apply it to my daily life, but Ohm's Law is etched into my brain. I can recognize nearly every piece of gear on the market by its silhouette, just from watching a myriad of videos on these products. I can build coils fast and know what my resistance will be before I put it on the meter. And for a while, a long while, I felt really confidant answering questions on the ECF forum.
But that has changed. Most posts I see now are asking about gear that's either too new or too old for me to know what they're talking about. And when I do see a post about a subject my own experience is still relevant to, at least four or five other people have answered the question in great detail. So, while I'm feeling a little bit left behind, I'm also hopeful that all these new people will carry on and continue the good work of ushering newbies into this life-saving hobby of ours.
Which is not to say that I'm leaving. I'm not. I like it here.

Some things I've discovered in 2015:

While my Derringer clone is the best RDA I've ever tried, my new Serpent RTA equals the flavor easily, and surpasses the Derringer for convenience. I can't believe I finally found a tank that gives my preferred RDA experience (0.5 ohm single coil at 35 watts). I used to think the lung hit I got from my Kayfun 4 was sufficient, but it feels way too tight after a day with the Serpent.

Thanks to a post here on ECF, I decided to check out Verde Valley Vapes, and ordered one of their big sample packs. So far the juice I've been vaping from them has been phenomenal. Really, really good. Straight out of the mailbox. When I've tried all the flavors I will post a proper review, but suffice to say that VVV is worth trying out. AND they're very inexpensive.

This year I also discovered that, while there will always be a place in my heart for mechanical mods, I actually prefer the consistency of a regulated vape. And now that more and more companies are making them, and thus lowering their prices, I can finally afford a couple. Also, the ones that come with silicone sleeves are great when the weather is cold. I think grabbing an ice cold mod is almost as much an unpleasant shock as sitting on an ice cold toilet seat in the morning.

I've also become acutely aware of how corrupt our government is. I mean, I had always suspected, but I didn't really start paying attention until vaping came along and changed my life.
I suspect there is still a lot to learn about life, politics and vaping. Hopefully next year will allow me the opportunity to continue doing so.

Comments

There are no comments to display.

Blog entry information

Author
Noble Gas
Views
Last update

More entries in ECF Blogs

More entries from Noble Gas