Vape Prod VP Asp - Review and useful tips

Back story

Quite a while ago I was determined to use aspire coils in cartomiser tanks. I had success with my DIY device but it was messy and make do and then aspire changed the wicking material to one I did not like. So I put it to the side and stopped tinkering with it.

I found a large supply of the old style aspire coils and had a reason to pick up the idea again. In the meantime a company started manufacturing a device that does the same thing. I purchased a couple and have been using them for the past week or so and decided to do a bit of a write up.

The device is called the VP Asp by Vape Prod

The idea is that the coil sit on top of a lip at the tube end and then is held in place by a small screw from the bottom. Internal tube pressure is managed by a SS bung that sits on the top of the coil opening.

Firstly let me say the device works well and it allows you to use aspire (non nautilus) BVC coils in standard tanks.

But......It has some failure points.

It is important you switch the O-ring on your coil for the supplied blue ring (or equivalent size) this o-ring helps seat the coil and stop it undoing itself from the threaded bottom screw. (Took me a few tanks dumps to get this)

In all the tanks I tried to use this in, I discovered you need to drop the device low enough that the holes in the tube are lower than the tank inner o-ring. Otherwise the air pressure will flood your coil. Top fill tanks like the SnP, bayou, X6 etc still require the dropping of the device before you open the little screws or covers so you may as well just fill through a carto filling tool. This device will not work easily in tanks like my elegance.

The Vape Prod device relies on airflow from the 510 connector. This is no different to regular cartomisers so tank users will be used to this. You must have tank or mod connector air channels lined up with the tiny holes above the threads in the Vape Prod device or use an airflow controller like the smoktech one. This airflow is less than these coils would normally work with so you will need to adjust your wattage to find an optimum vape.

The device itself is a reasonable price but shipping is expensive.

The device is only available in regular size (35mm)

Now to the tinkering part.

I am always looking for ways to make everything work with everything else. I have a lot of taller tanks that take XL cartomisers (45mm). Avid Vapers sell a carto extension that I have used in other things. For this particular project I needed to change the o-ring to a very snug fit. (It ain't going anywhere). To make sure it doesn't come apart when filling I use a loose filling tool to keep it all together.

Happy to say after a couple of days this adapted device and the coils are performing well.

Comments

Looking GOOD, XX! I like it.

And those drip-tips are phenomenal. Especially that black & white one. :w00t:

:thumbs:

Blog entry information

Author
Krisma
Views
Comments
Last update

More entries in ECF Blogs

More entries from Krisma