Take part in the #WeAreVapor campaign
The #WeAreVapor campaign has just launched and needs your help. This is a massive push to get vapers and vapor businesses visible, and make Congress aware of the Cole-Bishop amendment. It is being organised by the Vapor Technology Association.
Please take a minute of your time to take a look at the site to see how you can get involved.
Frequently Asked Questions
In the top right of the forum click "log in or sign up" and the registration window will appear. There are 4 ways you can join - email, or through your Facebook, Twitter or Google+ accounts.
To register via your email, simply enter your email address in the box, and then choose "No, create an account now" and click "sign up".
Once you've signed up, as with most other websites, we need you to verify your email address before you can start posting. Once done, you are free to post - we do insist that you make your first few posts in the New Members area, as this is the best way to prevent spam: it's nothing personal, and makes the forum better for everyone.
These are the Golden rules.
1. Please behave decently and respectfully to all members.
2. Do not attack, flame or harass our moderators or admins
3. Respect our freedom of expression. This is a privately owned website, and we are exerting our freedom of expression when we insist on high standards of behavior.
4. Some topics are off limit on ECF. We support your fundamental rights to have these conversations, but not in our house. These include: Sexually explicit topics, hate speech of any kind, discussions of illicit drug use.
5. Be humorous, helpful, respectful and enjoy yourself.
6. If you have a commercial interest of any description (what we call a "supplier"), there's a different set of rules you must to adhere to. Please see the "suppliers" FAQ section for more details.
We are open and transparent about how we enforce our rules. You may, if you wish, read our moderation decision tree here. If you feel you have been unfairly moderated, you may contact our administrators via the support system.
Verification provides some level of confidence to sellers and buyers, but it is not a failsafe and anyone using the classifieds or co-ops must take full responsibility for the purchase or sale they make. ECF cannot be held responsible in disputes between buyers and sellers - we provide this service "as is", and all due diligence must be taken by the parties involved in the transaction. Buyer Beware!
We instituted a "verified membership" system to add an extra layer of security. This system is not designed to be a failsafe, but it has reduced the level of fraudulent transactions significantly. To take part in the classifieds, you must become ID verified.
There are currently 4 different ways to become verified:
- Paypal - via your verified paypal email address
- Vouching ECF Member
If you need to become Paypal Verified first, click here for instructions (via Google).
If you're not sure whether your email address is already Paypal Verified, please copy this URL and add your email address at the end of it: Error - Login United States - PayPal <-----type your email address after the equal sign
Please note, that your Paypal verified email addresses must be the email address you used to register on ECF. If it's not the same as the one you usually use for Paypal, don't worry, you can add more than one email address in your Paypal account: Just add the one you used for ECF.
Do note that once confirmed, our moderator J0ker has to manually confirm this. Usually this takes no longer than a few days.
- Must have a minimum of 20 posts on ECF.
- eBay feedback rating should be 98% or above.
- No negative feedback within the previous 6 months.
- Must have been a eBay member for more than 1 year.
- eBay must have more than 20 feedbacks.
Please follow this process exactly
- Click "eBay Feedback Request Form".
- Fill out the form and submit it.
- J0ker will verify your eBay feedback meets the above requirements.
- He will PM you instructions including a phrase (e.g. "So, how are you doing?") and a link to my eBay contact page.
- Member will click my eBay contact link provided in the PM, then via eBay send the phrase to my eBay account.
- Once I receive the phrase in my eBay inbox, the member will be considered "Verified"
- Have been an ECF member for more than 30 days.
- Have made at least 20 posts.
- Submit the form linked below.
- Then, print this form out and fill it in - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
- Take the completed form to a notary, along with 2 forms of proof of residency (see below), and have the form notarized.
**Acceptable proofs: bills to your current address (electric, water, gas, phone, cable), driver’s license, bank statement, and /or official tax documents.**
- PM J0ker for his mailing address and mail the notarized form to him. (Do not mail the proofs of residency nor page 1 of the form you printed)
Over the years we have developed an excellent balance that allows suppliers to engage on ECF, but places certain limitations so that the community is not overrun with commercial interests.
We are very strict about enforcing these limitations, so it's important to understand them before you start posting.
Please bear in mind, these places are entirely at our discretion, and no guarantees are provided as to whether we can offer them. Occasionally, we will invite suppliers we believe add exceptional value to the community to take up a place.
Obviously there are limits to what we can insist on, but we believe it’s our responsibility to our visitors to insist on certain elements - mainly that excessive health claims are not being made.
This process is a great expense to us, and we’ve done it consistently for nearly seven years, examining thousands of businesses that have applied to register on our site. In fact, we consider the process to be of benefit to suppliers, as it has helped many remove content that might have had them fall foul of existing regulations (although, obviously, we don’t give legal advice!!).
If you are a supplier and wish to be registered on ECF, or to advertise with us, please click here to get in touch with the suppliers administrator - it’s a very straightforward process, and most businesses are up and running in very short order.