Returning to vaping, Ready to check out

Status
Not open for further replies.

br0kns0l

Jul 6, 2013
A house
Hey all,

I last tried vaping 2 years ago, and don't think the technology was where it needed to be for me at that time. I'm back and I'm ready to try again.

I'm sitting here with all the hardware I THINK i'm going to need in a shopping basket. Just waiting to proceed to checkout.

Currently in the basket: 2 1000 twist batteries, 2 Kanger pro tanks, charger, wall adapter

I'm THINKING this might be a good jumping off point, but I'm not sure on the Pro Tanks.

Anyone with advice on the hardware setup?

juice recomendations are also welcome.

Thanks folks!

zg444

Verified Member
Jun 26, 2013
Hermitage, TN
I might add in a few spare Kanger replacement heads, but that should last you awhile if on a budget.. Kangers do have a light airy draw, but can be fiddled with.. If you trend like it seems most of us are, and the natural progression, that collection will expand rapidly generally. But nearly what I started on, and still use mostly as well. Congrats on coming back. Z

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Welcome to ECF! Sorry, I haven't tried the ProTank yet. But, it's all the rage right now. The Twists are definitely a good choice.

I'm more the indecisive type. So, I tend to get one of everything when I shop. That way I'm bound to like SOMETHING, right?

Good luck with your return to vaping. I'm sure a bunch of people who HAVE tried the ProTank will be right along to help you out.

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
Nah, I'm wanting a nice tank to show off the nice juice colors. :)

In that case, you'd have a pretty nice (re)starter kit. Don't forget a charger and spare heads as z said.

You may just want something smaller for testing new juices - an Evod, a packet of CE3s, or just a 510 dripping atty. If you don't want to go there, just pick some juice and press the fire button :)

Nacon

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2010
Long Island, NY
Hey all,

I last tried vaping 2 years ago, and don't think the technology was where it needed to be for me at that time. I'm back and I'm ready to try again.

I'm sitting here with all the hardware I THINK i'm going to need in a shopping basket. Just waiting to proceed to checkout.

Currently in the basket: 2 1000 twist batteries, 2 Kanger pro tanks, charger, wall adapter

I'm THINKING this might be a good jumping off point, but I'm not sure on the Pro Tanks.

Juice recomendations are also welcome.

Thanks folks!

Hey man, I'm in the same boat as you. had a vaporkings ecig and PCC as my setup...and between the atomizers, battery life, and battery longevity, I went back to Marlboro Reds. About 2 years ago bought a starter kit with Vortex batters, which were like 300 mah eGos (correct me if I'm wrong)... long story short, got pulled over one day and had my vape confiscated. Bought a pack of Reds that same night and didn't order new ones

About 2 weeks ago I decided to give electronic cigs a 3rd chance. started with a pair of 900 mah eGos and they're a huge step up from what I had. After hearing about the Kanger Protank, got one and am convinced! The Protank and Ego Battery setup are a good enough setup to having something more dependable.

Since I refuse to go back to analog cigs again, def gonna learn a bit more before getting a nice mod.

In terms of liquid, been a fan of VaporBomb this whole time and get from other companies to taste test and stuff. bummed I missed out on Pluid!

Last edited:

DanMcVap

May 31, 2013
SW Idaho
Welcome to the new e-cigs! Sounds like you are getting a good beginning set up. I have a Kanger Pro Tank and find it a bit airy for my liking, but serves the purpose well for corrosive flavors like cinnamon. Otherwise I really like the EVOD tanks. I suppose others will chime in. I would recommend using the collar that comes with your pro tank as it can save you the heartache of breaking the threads off the tank if you drop it. Enjoy!

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hey all,

Juice recomendations are also welcome.

Thanks folks!

Hi

Where are you waiting to check out from? I'm thinking about price. I cruise vendor sites all the time looking for deals.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Adding:

Protanks work fine on an eGo, but they are top heavy - more due to weight than appearance. Think of a mace. You could do some serious damage if you hit someone with that combo - although that might be a plus should your house be in da 'hood.

mace%2Bmorningstar.jpg

I'm sure this has already been suggested, but you might consider an EVOD at this point. It's also a BCC, but doesn't weigh nearly as much.

SASmith

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
Abbotsford, B.C. Canada
Welcome to the forum, the twist is a great choice and the pro-tank is very popular, tanks and cartomizers are very subjective and you will get lots of opinions on everyone's favorites (that's what I love about the forum). The juice is also very subjective.....I would suggest that you buy lots of sample sizes until you find your preferences, I found it really surprising on what I like and what I don't. Also be sure to drink plenty of water as Vaping is dehydrating. Enjoy your Vape.

fabricator4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Mackay, Qld. Australia
The more I read the more I think I'm getting buyers remorse. I really hope these work out.

I have two twists that I bought months ago. They still get nearly daily use because it's what I take to work or when I go out. They're lighter and thinner than a mod, but will run the Protanks fine. I also like the Evods because they are smaller and lighter but I've been using the Protank on the twists for a lot longer.

Relax, you've done fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread