which oine? iTaste svd/ zmax mini/ vamo

Status
Not open for further replies.
new user here

looking to upgrade but not sure which one to choose from. I'm looking for good build, reliability. I'm a mod. to heavy vaper, mosly use bottom feed clearos and single coil tanks. haven't tried dual coils as of yet, so really looking for a pv/mod that will suit my needs and grow a little. personally i'm leaning towards the iTaste but not sure if its worth the coin. open to suggestions

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I know that the Vamo has a 5 amp limit and I believe the full-sized Zmax does also, so that will allow you to vape just about any head on the market with those two. My guess is that the SVD has at least a 4 amp limit, maybe also a 5 amp.

All three are good VW models for the price. I personally don't like the sideways screen of the SVD or the button placement but that is a minor item, IMO. I also prefer the 3 button function of the Vamo over the one button of the Zmax. But from a quality of vape, I would think they are all quite similar.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I have the vamo2 and SVD, the vamo has weak brass threads and I don't like the way I have to force tanks on. I would buy the SVD any day over the vamo. The SVD is without doubt better built, and looks better IMO.

I use a 5ml glass carto tank on my Vamo and have never had to "force" it in any way. As with any PV, one must be careful not to over tighten the head. Some people use shorty 510 to 510 adapters to not worry about how much they tighten their head onto their PV.

Scott Ballentine

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Cleveland, Texas, United States
I have a Vamo v2 in stainless and I love it. I am not a fan of the look of the Vamo v3 but I do like the updated screen, buttons and the top cap. There is a Vamo v4 on the way that is supposed to be the body style of the v2 with the updates from the v3. I hope it has the top cap. I use iClear 30's and Kanger ProTanks.

I have found that with the Kanger on the Vamo v2 there is just too much air for me on the draw due to the fact that it does not flush mount (by design of the Vamo) and because the ProTank has it's own air cut-outs on the bottom. A friend helped me solve that issue though. We were talking about it one day and he happened to have an ego thread cover for a dct/nova base. I screwed that onto the Vamo v2 then backed it off a bit to fit flush with the Kanger ProTank when it was fully mounted. You have to adjust it a bit at first but you will quickly find the spot and it will stay in place. Once the ProTank was mounted with the base in place the ProTank draw was tremendously improved and it also feels a lot more stable on the Vamo as it is sitting flush to a much larger base now.

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
The SVD telescopes, so it has the most flexibility. However, I think the Sigelie V3 is a better telescoping mod, and less expensive. Vamo gives good flexibility in 350 or 650 batts, as does the SVD. The Sigelei mini is one of my very favorite APV's, but you are limited to 350's. Not a problem for me, as I have a dozen or so batts. The Sigelei V5 is coming out on July 15, and I think that may be the best of the bunch. My two cents. Welcome, best to you.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
Personally, I'm going with the VAMO, for capability and the pricepoint.

Stainless Steel VAMO, body only.

SS VAMO, battery & charger kit. Of course, with this kit, you'll need your own toppers.

I would like to get the SVD in the future though, or maybe the Sigelei V5. Currently waiting on my kit to show up from FT.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Personally, I'm going with the VAMO, for capability and the pricepoint.

Stainless Steel VAMO, body only.

SS VAMO, battery & charger kit. Of course, with this kit, you'll need your own toppers.

I would like to get the SVD in the future though, or maybe the Sigelei V5. Currently waiting on my kit to show up from FT.

Make sure you use it in RMS (N02) mode and adjust your power in watts. If you want a wrap for it, I got mine here and they go on easy and work well:

Vamo

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
i went through 2 vamos very quickly. the center pin popped out on one, and the power up button got stuck on the other. i was not overly abusive with either of them. they're decent, cheap mods, but not so well made in my opinion. the sigelei zmax mini is okay, but you're limiting yourself to one battery-the telescopic zmax is a better choice. honestly, i think the svd is the best made and most functional out of the choices, but it is a bit big and clunky, even in it's smallest size. it's all a matter of what you're looking for. if you want small and sleek, go with the zmax. if you don't mind a little bulk, definitely go for the svd.

elscorcho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2013
Treasure Coast, FL
I have an SVD and love it. Aside from its other advantages the fire button goes from green, to yellow , to red so you have an idea of battery level w/o having to check battery voltage. On build quality alone its definitely worth the coin!

If you haven't seen it, check out pbusardo's review of the SVD on youTube.

Nev NYC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Bronx, NY
i went through 2 vamos very quickly. the center pin popped out on one, and the power up button got stuck on the other. i was not overly abusive with either of them. they're decent, cheap mods, but not so well made in my opinion. the sigelei zmax mini is okay, but you're limiting yourself to one battery-the telescopic zmax is a better choice. honestly, i think the svd is the best made and most functional out of the choices, but it is a bit big and clunky, even in it's smallest size. it's all a matter of what you're looking for. if you want small and sleek, go with the zmax. if you don't mind a little bulk, definitely go for the svd.

I've heard of so many ppl with problems with their vamos breaking. I must be the lucky one with an indestructible one. I've beat the hell out of mine and other than some deep scratches and scrapes its still just as good as when I got it.. I even dropped it in a puddle when getting out of my car and still no problems. I got mine well before FT put them out for $30. They were selling for about $60 when I got mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread