• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ohio Retailers

Status
Not open for further replies.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Just wanted to start a thread for us to compile a list of retailers in Ohio.

Anyone that knows of any retail outlets that carry vaping supplies please post them here. Along with any experiences you may have with them (good or bad).

I will kick it off with the only place that I do have experience with here in Columbus...

'The Garden' on N. High St. Sells 801 and 901 kits (made by InLife) and prefilled carts. The prices are quite high. $139 for a kit that has 1-batt and 2-attys. Although the sales person behind the counter said that he was a vaper (didn't actually say vaper, just said he used e-cigs), he seemed to have limited knowledge of vaping. For example, he was unaware that the carts could be refilled.

I have heard that Waterbeds-n-Stuff is also selling PVs now too, but I have not been into a store to check prices and selection. Anyone with more info, let us know.

Has anyone come across any retailers (like tobacco shops) that are selling any juices?

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Yeah, I know what you mean by not being in a tobacco shop in a while. :)
The last time I was in one was a few months ago. I was looking for some pipe screens to make the 'screen mod'.

While I was checking out I asked them if they sold any e-cig supplies, and the guy said (with an angry look), "I tried it, but didn't like it, so I'm not going to be selling any of that junk".
I think what he meant to say was, "I tried it and realized this could kill my whole business (of killing ppl slowly), so I'm gonna tell everyone that I didn't like it and hopefully they won't either." :lol:

cosciss

Jan 24, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Waterbeds and stuff carry 2 brands one is a re-branded Kr808d and I think the other one is a 510 (i know its a 3 piece) they are on sale now $80.00 for a basic starter kit.

Their carts and cartos are $15.00 for a pack of 5 I believe.

There is a tobacco shop in Lancaster Ohio, right downtown that has batteries, carts and juice! I don't remember the name but I will find out and post it.

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
My son does over th road trucking 48 states. Anyway he has seen the same ecig in all of em (pilots). He's a dipper so he was unaware of the model but said they were expensive. I think all suppliers should put this forum on a sticky and put it on all its products. deitra
Personally, I don't think Njoy, or SE, or any of those "free trial" companies want you to know about ECF. If I buy an Njoy at the Pilot station and it directs me to ECF, one of the first things I'm going to read about when I search my new toy is how much I overpaid, and how I can get a dozen other e-cigs that are better for half the price. Then the Njoy is going back to Pilot.

The ECF is awesome for consumers and competitive suppliers, but it's the arch enemy of the suppliers that "rip you off".

Last edited:

highping

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Columbus, OH
Wow, judging by the pic, that place looks huge. I might have to check it out some time. I'm back and forth between Columbus and Cinci all the time. The company I work for is actually in Cinci.

I never thought of checking the flea market scene for ecig stuff, but it makes sense. They always have stuff you can't find anywhere else. There's a couple of those here in Columbus I will have to check.

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
Wow, judging by the pic, that place looks huge. I might have to check it out some time. I'm back and forth between Columbus and Cinci all the time. The company I work for is actually in Cinci.

I never thought of checking the flea market scene for ecig stuff, but it makes sense. They always have stuff you can't find anywhere else. There's a couple of those here in Columbus I will have to check.
Let us know what you find. I have not bothered taking the short drive up there just because I cannot imagine that it would be cheaper than ordering from the internet, plus I will have to pay sales tax + the cost of the gas. I still may go in and have a look at some point I'm just not in a hurry.

I think they are only open on Sat and Sun.

honuhart

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2009
cincinnati ohio
I have talked to the guy at traders world. Was there a few months ago, he is selling 510's..i think his kit was around 45 dollars. Has a good variety of juice also. A friend of mine needed some juice, called him and he was willing to meet her on 75 somewhere. Oh yeah if i remember right he's in building 5, its a hugh place and we went there just to visit his booth. Not sure he is still there, this was back before christmas.

USMCStang

Feb 15, 2010
Canton, OH
The only "Retail" establishment I've been able to find is the "Chaep Tobacco" chain that they have around here. That's where just I picked mine up, in Canton. The brand name on the e-cig is Fuma, but I'm pretty sure it's just a KR808D-1 with a different label. It was $50 for the starter kit, which cam with 1 cartomizer, a USB charger, auto-batt, and wall charger.

FWIW, the website for the Fuma is myfuma.com, and it's still "Under Construction". I'm still trying to verify if it's just a KR808 in different clothes, which would make ordering supplies much easier.

Vapor_Ronin

Feb 18, 2010
Ohio
The man at Traders World is named Robert Drinnen.His Website is VaporVillage D O T Com. I ordered a 510 Starter and a couple of 30ml bottles of Juice from him. I found him to be courteous and prompt. He was out of the 30 ml of Clove that I wanted and packed 3 10ml's instead with a note of apology. He will continue to get my business and any more that I can bring his way.

River

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Independence, KY USA
Last edited:

db2k

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Other than supporting a local vendor, what is the motivation here? There are tons of online vendors and the juices are available in a much wider range of flavors.

Most of the PVs I've seen in stores were all variations of a 901 or 306. Those starter kits sell online for $35-$45 so why would anyone want to buy a starter kit for $100-$200... and buying pre-filled carts is idiotic. (not to mention juice that cost more than $1.25 a ml.)

That being said, I have recently heard that alsmoke will shortly be moving facilities and there will probably be an option of a small storefront.

firefox335

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2010
Ohio
Other than supporting a local vendor, what is the motivation here? There are tons of online vendors and the juices are available in a much wider range of flavors.

Most of the PVs I've seen in stores were all variations of a 901 or 306. Those starter kits sell online for $35-$45 so why would anyone want to buy a starter kit for $100-$200... and buying pre-filled carts is idiotic. (not to mention juice that cost more than $1.25 a ml.)

That being said, I have recently heard that alsmoke will shortly be moving facilities and there will probably be an option of a small storefront.

It would be nice to have an option when waiting for supplies via snail mail. Who knows, maybe after a while the outragous prices will come down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread