New iTaste VTR (not released)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikerbeagle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Wichita, KS USA
As of yesterday, innokin announced the name their new MVP the "iTaste VTR" after a facebook poll they've been running over the past few weeks, here's the link.

I gotta say, I'm a little urked. People have been rumoring a new iTaste MVP for a while now, but then innokin put out a statement saying this was all rumor and there was no new MVP being developed (and no plans to be developed) - admittedly, that was last year, but still ...so I went ahead and bought my MVP just the other day. Now I find out there is a new one developed? I get why they did that, they don't want people waiting for the new one and cutting into their MVP sales, but it urks me nonetheless.

My own fault, really. My research was faulty and based on outdated information.

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
Doubtful. There are other photos of it on the facebook page, one showing the bottom, and it looks like it has an access door to accept a single 18xxx battery.

hmmm, will probably still go MVP then. MVP looks like a nicer carry, this looks like its going to be really thick.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
As of yesterday, Innokin announced the name their new MVP the "iTaste VTR" after a facebook poll they've been running over the past few weeks, here's the link.

That's not a "new MVP," as you put it. It's an entirely different product line.

I gotta say, I'm a little urked. People have been rumoring a new iTaste MVP for a while now, but then Innokin put out a statement saying this was all rumor and there was no new MVP being developed (and no plans to be developed) - admittedly, that was last year, but still ...so I went ahead and bought my MVP just the other day. Now I find out there is a new one developed? I get why they did that, they don't want people waiting for the new one and cutting into their MVP sales, but it urks me nonetheless.

My own fault, really. My research was faulty and based on outdated information.

Think about the release date of the MVP and then think about product cycles. I would expect at least one more box mod from Innokin before the end of the year. Think about how the iTaste VV was recently refreshed with variable-wattage. Now project from there. I'm not going to say anything outright, but I think you can figure it out. :)

JuiceIsLoose

Apr 21, 2013
United States
I like the design of the VTR but ponder the tank,

If I can screw on the new Kanger Mini Pro Tank, then I'm all for it! My plan is to modify the Mini and trim the mouthpiece down so I can add
an adapter tube to hold a plastic drip tip. Drop the box on the drip tip, it won't break the tank and I can swap tips. Must be patient with this one, wait for the video reviews so I can get an idea if my modification idea will play out.

vrodder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
East Central Alabama
Was going to get an mVP till I got lucky to see ........'s mention of the VTR. It looks like it'll fill my needs for an out & about device. :drool:

Anyone know the ETA on this?
So far no release date yet. :(

And I just ordered an MVP. If this is VW and goes to 6v I will be kicking myself for not holding off on buying another mod. From the photo it looks like the iClear 30 is the preferred delivery method for the device though.
If I remember, I think it will accept 19mm delivery device. I think that is the size of the iClear 30.

vrodder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
East Central Alabama
Can't wait.
My father in law keep using my BF ModBox and i gotta find some goodie for him, this one is perfect for the old man.
Hope it'll come out very soon.

You & me both. Hey,,,I resemble that remark!! :laugh:
IMHO, I can come up with 3 things that could make the MVP still a relevant buy;

1) price point
2) battery life
3) ability to put about anything on top without it looking stupid.

No argument here. My first choice for what I want for out & about till I saw the VTR. With my Vamo, I found i like the 'set & forget' of VW. Afraid I'd knock the top off in my pocket. Now if the VTR is too much higher than the MVP, then MVP it is. Back to a little in the head math. :|

VAPE ON !!!! :vapor:

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Innokin posted photos of the iTaste VTR holster. Wucha think?

970255_507759632628887_417660825_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread