Poll: How often do you clean your Protank or Evod heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
I ask this cause I have been cleaning after every tankful and been told that this is probably too much and is not needed. I was just wondering what the lifespan of a replacement head if you waited a while in between cleanings. If I found out that you can wait a while then I just plan on getting one for each flavor and have them ready to go all at once.

Thanks!

Last edited:

OBDave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'll usually clean them every 4-5 tanks, more often if I'm switching juices to something where I really think a residue from the old juice would offend the flavor of the new juice. Probably not an issue for me now that I have like 7 Evods and can keep a good variety of juices going at once...

OBDave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Every couple tanks or when it starts to taste bad and the juices color starts getting darker.

I find that if the juices start significantly darkening in color halfway through a tank, it's a good indicator that it's time to rinse the head.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
Well I finally decided just to fill every device I got with a different juice. So far its working out pretty good cause I had some sour flavors that I couldn't vape on a lot and now all my flavors are ready for me.

I found a little plastic drawer with 6 compartments and theres just enough room for the juice bottle and the device. Plus on the upside I keep it in my bedroom cause Im trying to break the habit of changing my clearomizers every few puffs, Drives my hubby nuts! LOL

bhswmc01

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Boise, Idaho, United States
This is what I'm planning on doing - right now I clean them every time I switch flavors, only have 3 tanks and about 10 different flavors to choose from.

Well I finally decided just to fill every device I got with a different juice. So far its working out pretty good cause I had some sour flavors that I couldn't vape on a lot and now all my flavors are ready for me.

I found a little plastic drawer with 6 compartments and theres just enough room for the juice bottle and the device. Plus on the upside I keep it in my bedroom cause Im trying to break the habit of changing my clearomizers every few puffs, Drives my hubby nuts! LOL

LazyBulldogge

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2013
Kalundborg, Denmark
My two darker vanilla juices, I usually clean out the tank and replace the with a new (rebuilt) one once a week, as those juices really gunk up the coil and the juice itself turns dark over time too.
The two somewhat clear juices (which I don't vape as much either), same routine once every 2 weeks or so.
I don't really clean the coils though, as I just rebuild them instead, so can't be bothered :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread