Ideas for Battery Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Sorry if this has been done before. I would like to start a thread for different style cases that can be purchased at local stores. I myself am always looking everywhere i go for a new case, it's an obsession lately. I built my most recent 901 mod from a $4 flexible head led light. Picked it up from BigLots. My appologies for poor quality pic.
View attachment 2367

BTW this will fit a 18650 battery!

Last edited:

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Great thread idea. There are a ton of good-looking cases out there that can be easily modded into a battery pack for the atomizer of your choice. Here are a few examples...

A basic madog magnum mod for a penstyle atomizer

801MagnumTwo.jpg

Another flashlight case (pete, recently completed one)

Black801Mod.jpg

Your basic JuicyBox with and LED based on a post by Jaxxx

MiniMagBox.jpg

The VapeSnake is a gutted Kensington Flylight. Only nitewriter has any idea how well it works

VapeSnake.jpg

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Dollar tree eh guess ill check it out. I'm not likeing the flat top flashlights too much iam talking with a friend who access to cnc machines and laser equipment.I'm loving the shape and feel of my recent mod as pictured above in the OP. I purchased some surefire non-rechargeables 123... Waiting on shipment, still goin strong. Keep the ideas comming.

framitz

Moved On
May 24, 2009
RSM, CA
My local Target store has some Coleman hand held fans that use 2 AA batterys for under 3 bucks (camping/ sporting goods area). I picked up three thinking about using two rechargeable batteries in parallel for extra life. I was unable to find them on line for reference so not sure all stores have them.

I'm also saving and looking at a metal cigar tube, it looks very promising. Stripped of paint and polished (aluminum) it should look really nice with a 901 atty stuck in the rounded end.

richardf

Jan 20, 2010
indiana
This is a USB passthrough, not a battery case, but I cannot create threads yet.
I really like the metal cigar tube idea.
My boss gave me this desk mic, and asked me to make it into a USB passthrough for our sound tech as a joke. Using the built in push to talk button, it was a real easy convert (about 30 min.). Funny thing is, I never expected to like it and find it very functional. I don't have to worry about hooking the leash and flipping my e-cig on the floor. Pretty funny, but it hits great with a 5 volt 2 amp USB wall plug adapter....LOL

Attachments

• DSC00968.jpg
    DSC00968.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 474

Thyestean

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
Upstate NY
This is a USB passthrough, not a battery case, but I cannot create threads yet.
I really like the metal cigar tube idea.
My boss gave me this desk mic, and asked me to make it into a USB passthrough for our sound tech as a joke. Using the built in push to talk button, it was a real easy convert (about 30 min.). Funny thing is, I never expected to like it and find it very functional. I don't have to worry about hooking the leash and flipping my e-cig on the floor. Pretty funny, but it hits great with a 5 volt 2 amp USB wall plug adapter....LOL

lol nice one.

I've got one of these:
flexibletablelampwithcl.jpg

that I've been thinking would make a great USB PT. Never even have to pick it up just flex it within reach and then back out of the way lol

jzr1024

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
East Coast Buffalo, NY
aside of just good 'ol analog cases like this one......from
Gift of Russia- Russian online shop: Ushanka, orenburg, pavlovo-posad shawl, nesting dolls, militaria

nn5.jpg

you can take ragular cases and use all kinds of Badge insignia on them. just Epoxy what ever it is to the case.

if you want to SKIN your case a good resource is anyone that makes skins for the "Guitar Hero" guitars. some of them will do custom work OR some of them also sell skins for computers, XBOX, PS3.....you could just buy a sheet, cut it and stick it. flames, skulls, chicks, union jacks, crosses etc.

do a search on Ebay for Guitar Hero skins......there is quite a bit out there at resonable prices.

heck, you can even use extra whatever and skin the INSIDE of the case if the bare metal "clank clank" of your batteries and carts bother you.

Biohazardlp.jpg

Game, Phone and MP3 Skins - Morphits.com

ALL kinds of good stuff out there.

~jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread