Another "Vapor's Rights" Thread. Skip it if your tired of hearing these rants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarblesXIII

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2013
Little Elm, TX (NOLA Born)
Went to an FC Dallas game tonight. We got out a$$es kicked =P..... Anyway FC Dallas Stadium policy sends us to the smoking area to vape. At first I did not think I would mind it too much. Then I wanted to vape and went over to the smoking area. F@#* that OMG the stench. That is utter BS. I went back to my seat and cranked the voltage to minimum and vaped there. Held it in to make sure there was no vapor on exhale. Not a single person even looked at me funny for doing so. Only one guy who was curious asked me what I was doing, I told him and he said cool and went about watching the match.

Meanwhile I had a group of kids behind me all with bubble guns, bubbles everywhere. At first that did not bother me, until one popped in my eye. Burned like the dickens. I figure if they can have bubble guns which actually caused me physical pain (not a lot mind you) then I can vape and whoever does not like it can go to hell.

:mad::mad::mad:

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Yep. We need a vaping area vs. the smoking area. I can't stand the stench anymore either. My boss came in the office and he don't smoke, and he reeked of cigs. I told him he stunk up the whole office and he said he was in a room of smokers but he don't smoke. OMG. I asked him did I smell that bad when I smoked and he said yep. wow. I'm so glad I'm not smoking anymore.

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
Well played sir.

I absolutely will not join the smokers area anymore. It used to not bother me, but the longer I've been off of cigarettes, the more I can't stand being around them. It's like a "bad memory." No more.

I've quit smoking; that being said I want to be as far away from second hand smoke as the next non-smoker.

-B

bikerbeagle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Wichita, KS USA
There is sad irony in the fact that people who are quitting smoking by vaping are forced to go to the same places as smokers to vape.

To be honest, and this is just my opinion, it was the worst mistake possible to make it so that vaping actually produces vapor. All ignorant people see is 'smoke' ...smoke is BAD ...vaping = smoking ...vaping is BAD. That is, quite literally, the entirety of their thought process. If vaping didn't produce vapor, I can pretty much guarantee you we wouldn't be lumped in with the smokers and would be allowed to vape anywhere.

I would buy a zero-vapor device in a heartbeat, if there was one available ...but NOOO, people want vapor billowing out of our devices in heavy clouds, not less. We are our own worst enemies here.

candimccann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
Lenexa, KS, US
www.youtube.com
If vaping didn't produce vapor, I can pretty much guarantee you we wouldn't be lumped in with the smokers and would be allowed to vape anywhere.

I totally agree with you on that. Not sure I would be happy with a no-vapor vape though. I just did some eyes closed vaping to see if I 'needed' to see a visible vapor to be satisfied and I think I do. If a no-vapor vaporizer scratched the itch, so to speak, I think those prescription nicotine inhalers might have actually taken off.

Tempus Fugit

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2009
Mos Eisley, Tatooine, Outer Rim
it was the worst mistake possible to make it so that vaping actually produces vapor.

About three years ago I was in a job situation where people didn't understand vaping yet, and I was too visible to the public to even think about vaping inside. I tried a "stealth" e-juice that sounded pretty interesting. I don't recall where it was from; I want to say that it was a DeKang product, but I'm not sure. It was supposed to create little to no vapor. Well, it worked for the most part but its flavor was NASTY. I think the main ingredient was alcohol. It was so disgusting I couldn't use it without retching.

It is so much easier to just do as the OP suggested, and simply hold the vapor for several seconds until none is exhaled. I have gotten away with vaping that way on planes, in emergency rooms, doctors offices, a court room during jury selection, and more.

MarblesXIII

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2013
Little Elm, TX (NOLA Born)
I would buy a zero-vapor device in a heartbeat, if there was one available ...but NOOO, people want vapor billowing out of our devices in heavy clouds, not less. We are our own worst enemies here.

I am with you on this. I can't speak for others, but the actual vapor does little for me. I vape for the Nicotine, then the Flavor, then the Vapor, in that order.

While looking like the little engine that could is overkill in my book, I also think we need to be careful of a internal vaping schism of those that are pro-cloud or anti-cloud. There are too many anti-vaping idiots out there for us to be at our fellow-vapers' throats.

Last edited:

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
We were building a sewer plant in Tuscon last year out side construction. They made a no smoking and vaping rule I refused to follow the vaping rule I was called on it a few times when the office people would do their weekly walk thews.

Each time I was confronted I told them I refuse to follow your silly rules my job here is under budget no accidents and my crew is not complaining. So go away or run me off. I completed the job and even got a nice recommendation letter to my boss;-) I relies everyone cant do this but it sure dose feel good when you can;-)

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
If vaping didn't produce vapor, I can pretty much guarantee you we wouldn't be lumped in with the smokers and would be allowed to vape anywhere.

You'd think that because it's logical. No vapor equals no problem. The problem is ANTZ aren't logical. If there was a cig alike with a glowy blue end that didn't produce a lick of vapor but that vapers obviously enjoyed using, guarantee you that someone would take issue with it.

I can hear it now:

"It mimics smoking, what if my child sees it?"

"Well sure, you don't SEE anything, but they're using nicotine so they HAVE to be exhaling something that's dangerous."

or my personal favorite:

"We just don't know."

Yeppers. I can see the hand wringing commencing.:facepalm:

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
You were outside in a stadium. They should've just let you be. The vapor dissipates so fast outside. This kind of thing really pisses me off. You were one less person polluting the air with cigarette smoke. Those kids harassing you with the bubbles didn't have to breath in the stench of a smoker. All thanks to you vaping instead of smoking. People should be thanked and rewarded for making the switch, not punished. Being able to vape in the stands instead of going to the smoking area might even inspire a few smokers to try an e cig. Bah!!!!!!

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
I have been free of cigarettes for over a year now but I still go for cig breaks with my colleagues at work. I stand up wind of them and happily vape.
The smell does not bother me or make me sick but I do try to position myself to receive as little of it as possible.
This may seem odd to some vapers but I subjected others to it when I was smoking with the attitude that I was not doing anything illegal. I think consideration goes a long way...
As for the idea of vapour-less vaping, I try for all PG juices that produce as little vapour as possible. I also shy away from any tobacco flavours in situations such as during work hours.
For those who say that it's all about the vapour, does that mean you cannot enjoy a vape in a dark room??? Are the visually inpaired forever cursed with smoking cigarettes???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread