Is Vape Rev store full of clones???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpmeth

ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2013
SoCal
I've heard about The King which clearly is Chi clone. And M28 is other pinoy clone. And their Nemesis VR edition looks just like Caravela. Why are they doing this and shew themself up? I've been there and trying to be way too professional almost freak me out as soon as I walk in. Nice people though..don't get me wrong. And their price is bit higher than any other local shops. So did they officially lost Chi-you distributership? I heard they are backing up the manufacture called J Creation who is behind M28 (Sentinel clone) and M1 (Nimbus).

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
It would be hard for me to label these mods as clones given their price tag, build quality and materials of construct. However, the King mod sure does look like a Chi, just replace the lion engraving with the tiki mask looking thing and there you go. Still, I think the modders making these would say they aren't clones necessarily, just that they are "inspired" by other popular mods.

But then again, just because something is well made and expensive doesn't mean it isn't a direct copy of someone else's work. It's all semantics.

Chief Thunder

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2012
Maryland
www.g2vapor.com
I've heard about The King which clearly is Chi clone. And M28 is other pinoy clone. And their Nemesis VR edition looks just like Caravela. Why are they doing this and shew themself up? I've been there and trying to be way too professional almost freak me out as soon as I walk in. Nice people though..don't get me wrong. And their price is bit higher than any other local shops. So did they officially lost Chi-you distributership? I heard they are backing up the manufacture called J Creation who is behind M28 (Sentinel clone) and M1 (Nimbus).

Yes they lost their chi-u contract. It started with them making chi-u flat top caps and selling them as official chi-u merchandise. Chi-u told them to stop and they basically laughed and said make us. The king is a straight up rip off of the chi-u, but hey if you don't have a patent on something there's not much that can be done. I have heard thou that the king is a solid device, I just don't like the whole situation surrounding it.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
We have no scruples in the ecig community. Clones are encouraged and people justify buying them with all sorts of lame excuses. Do what you think is best. You can take the high road and the only pay off is the satisfaction of sticking to your convictions, or follow the crowd and save a little money.
I chose the high road but thats just me and my view on things. Im sure some one will come along shortly and say everything I just said is silly.
It looks like your seeking out quality products I tip my hat to you for doing that!

EDIT: even if you made your silly Provari thread;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread