Status
Not open for further replies.

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
I love my Sigelei 19 with nzonic cap. Got it at vaportek for 30 bucks.

WP_000583.jpg

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
As far as the cheapie mechs go, if you want something you don't have to totally overhaul as soon as you get it to make it work well, stay away from the sigelei 19. No offence to any that may take some, but there are more complaint and how-to threads on that mod alone than any other I've seen in my 2 yr history of vaping. Such a shame too, because out of all of the cheap china mechs, that one by far has the best look, to me.

As far as no fuss and cheap, the k100/101, the KTS (which now has a flat top version), and the sigelei 8 seem to be the best functioning mechs straight out the box. There are some new mechs that look really nice coming out right now as well, sigelei 8w (caravela clone), the private 2, and the m16 (last 2 from vaportekusa). As far as performance, though, they're still too new to tell.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
As far as the cheapie mechs go, if you want something you don't have to totally overhaul as soon as you get it to make it work well, stay away from the sigelei 19. No offence to any that may take some, but there are more complaint and how-to threads on that mod alone than any other I've seen in my 2 yr history of vaping. Such a shame too, because out of all of the cheap china mechs, that one by far has the best look, to me.

As far as no fuss and cheap, the k100/101, the KTS (which now has a flat top version), and the sigelei 8 seem to be the best functioning mechs straight out the box. There are some new mechs that look really nice coming out right now as well, sigelei 8w (caravela clone), the private 2, and the m16 (last 2 from vaportekusa). As far as performance, though, they're still too new to tell.

Not to offend you but -
The whole reason you see so many threads and modding information is EXACTLY because of the potential of even the first release #19, which by the way is being changed a bit with each new release and new information available.

People seem to totally miss one Fact.
Sigelei is a Machining Company. For the most part, they have gone into this venture blind and using information/specifications given them for production.
I am personally glad to see Sigelei continuing to make new releases, update existing releases and working to reach an acceptable level of performance.

Last edited:

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass

To my knowledge the new release of the 19 with Nzonic is superior to the original 19. The fact that it has its own thread is a testament to its popularity among mech users and modders alike

brock957

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Powder Springs GA
I just bought a segelei 19b. You're getting into to much junk for your first mod. I can't get the firing button to come apart so I can fix the spring to fix the misfires shocks and over heating in the button. I'm taking it to a friend at work to have him drimel a slot in it so I can try to get it apart. Ounce I get it fixed I'll live it. Sturdy heavy looks great with a RSST on it.

Go with the K100
$23.24 Empire KeCig K100 Mechanical Rechargeable Electronic Cigarettes - champagne / no battery at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Or the KTS CLone.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1363300
I have the KTS and like it a lot.
Have only heard good reviews on the K100

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
Not to offend you but -
The whole reason you see so many threads and modding information is EXACTLY because of the potential of even the first release #19, which by the way is being changed a bit with each new release and new information available.

People seem to totally miss one Fact.
Sigelei is a Machining Company. For the most part, they have gone into this venture blind and using information/specifications given them for production.
I am personally glad to see Sigelei continuing to make new releases, update existing releases and working to reach an acceptable level of performance.

To my knowledge the new release of the 19 with Nzonic is superior to the original 19. The fact that it has its own thread is a testament to its popularity among mech users and modders alike

I think you guys misunderstood me. I think that thing looks beast! It took everything in me not to order one while I waited for my Precise ELA. Of course it's gonna be (arguably) the most popular of the sigelei's, it's got the best look of all! There are so many threads on it because since it looks so awesome, so many people want it to work right. But let's be honest, china WAY missed the mark on the function aspect of it. Pointless magnets in the wrong places, and the second revision had a spring on the top connection, and even with all of that it still flies off the shelves almost as fast as a newly released hybrid. Because it does have that high-end look, everyone want to find ways to make it perform like a high-end mod, and they do. Pull the magnets, tap the posts and replace with brass screws, and after all that you're left with an awesome mod. But I assumed the op was looking for something that performs well without having to re-mod china's fubar, so that's why I said to look elsewhere.

Trust me, if I wanted a telescope that I had to screw tubes together to change battery sizes, I'd have a 19 (along with a few others), but I don't, so I spent more to get one that has a slide telescope. But as far as the op, for an intro to mechs, the 19 might not be the best choice in my opinion.

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
+1 for k100/k101. it's a bargain at about $25 shipped from fasttech. unless you're willing to shell out $100+ for a top-tier device or do some modding, there isn't really anything that matches its performance.

ETA: not that there's anything wrong with spending a lot of money on a top-tier device, you can see my all-time favorite device (poldiac - also the hardest hitting device i've ever tried) in my avatar

<------

Last edited:

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
I think you guys misunderstood me. I think that thing looks beast! It took everything in me not to order one while I waited for my Precise ELA. Of course it's gonna be (arguably) the most popular of the sigelei's, it's got the best look of all! There are so many threads on it because since it looks so awesome, so many people want it to work right. But let's be honest, china WAY missed the mark on the function aspect of it. Pointless magnets in the wrong places, and the second revision had a spring on the top connection, and even with all of that it still flies off the shelves almost as fast as a newly released hybrid. Because it does have that high-end look, everyone want to find ways to make it perform like a high-end mod, and they do. Pull the magnets, tap the posts and replace with brass screws, and after all that you're left with an awesome mod. But I assumed the op was looking for something that performs well without having to re-mod china's fubar, so that's why I said to look elsewhere.

Trust me, if I wanted a telescope that I had to screw tubes together to change battery sizes, I'd have a 19 (along with a few others), but I don't, so I spent more to get one that has a slide telescope. But as far as the op, for an intro to mechs, the 19 might not be the best choice in my opinion.

Im not sure how they missed anything on the function of it, its my first mech, all ive done is clean the contacts, and it works great.

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
I'm considering a K100 - hard to beat the Fasttech price.

My only concern is that I have a Smok Telescope and the K100 looks really, really similar to the smok telescope - almost like it's the same device just dressed up a little different. The fire button, my least favorite aspect of the Smok, looks identical to the fire button on the K100.

Anybody have both and can say if they are the same or different?

BTW - I obviously wouldn't recommend a Smok Telescope. It worked fine for a few months but it's a poorly made, flimsy device and shows a lot of wear now - the switch is getting really wonky - can't stand the mod up without it falling over. The little spring in the switch has loosened and it is a *PITA* to get out and restretch because of the way they glued the battery spring down.

After my go-round with the Smok Tele - I'm getting pretty close to just getting a REO Grand and be done with it.

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
I'm considering a K100 - hard to beat the Fasttech price.

My only concern is that I have a Smok Telescope and the K100 looks really, really similar to the smok telescope - almost like it's the same device just dressed up a little different. The fire button, my least favorite aspect of the Smok, looks identical to the fire button on the K100.

Anybody have both and can say if they are the same or different?

BTW - I obviously wouldn't recommend a Smok Telescope. It worked fine for a few months but it's a poorly made, flimsy device and shows a lot of wear now - the switch is getting really wonky - can't stand the mod up without it falling over. The little spring in the switch has loosened and it is a *PITA* to get out and restretch because of the way they glued the battery spring down.

After my go-round with the Smok Tele - I'm getting pretty close to just getting a REO Grand and be done with it.

Dude, if you're thinking of getting a Reo or a k100, for the love of all that's holy GET THE REO!!!! I own what I consider to be the best telescopic tube mod ever made by man or machine, and my Reo still gets 95% of my attention. Best decision I ever made! I'd understand if price was an issue, but I've seen some GREAT deals on them in the classies! And if you could get a pink one super cheap, you could always just strip and polish it!

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
I just bought a segelei 19b. You're getting into to much junk for your first mod. I can't get the firing button to come apart so I can fix the spring to fix the misfires shocks and over heating in the button. I'm taking it to a friend at work to have him drimel a slot in it so I can try to get it apart. Ounce I get it fixed I'll live it. Sturdy heavy looks great with a RSST on it.

Go with the K100
$23.24 Empire KeCig K100 Mechanical Rechargeable Electronic Cigarettes - champagne / no battery at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
Or the KTS CLone.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1363300
I have the KTS and like it a lot.
Have only heard good reviews on the K100

Sigelei 19b from celticvapes co uk - YouTube

Get the Smok Natural.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread