Microcoils and Mechs

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
I've been playing round with microcoils and find them good to use on the right mod. They work great on a VV device but how do they vape on a mech? With the relatively higher ohms, are you going to get the same punch as say, a 0.8 ohm coil on a mech?

Whats the highest resistance microcoil you can go on a mech mod and still get a great vape?

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I run a 2 ohm on a mech. It's my all day vape. It's off the chain. Key factors are: 1/16" bore, 30ga Kanthal A1 and rolled cotton wick. It's around 12 wraps.

On my VV, I bump it up to around 14 wraps 2.3ish) and slightly adjust the power to the north (or east on my dial)

I get no noticeable drop all day on my mech. Just copious clouds of warm, satisfying vapor :)

Stringer63

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
KY
I run a 2 ohm on a mech. It's my all day vape. It's off the chain. Key factors are: 1/16" bore, 30ga Kanthal A1 and rolled cotton wick. It's around 12 wraps.

On my VV, I bump it up to around 14 wraps 2.3ish) and slightly adjust the power to the north (or east on my dial)

I get no noticeable drop all day on my mech. Just copious clouds of warm, satisfying vapor :)

Hey super-x, just wanted to throw you a shout out for all of your info on the micro coil. Got one rockin on an igo-l with a cotton ball wick and fogging the house up! Hell, I'm even looking at taking the reo plunge to bottom feed this badass setup.

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
2.3 seems high for a 10 wrap 30g micro. (methinks?)

I can confirm that lol.

Now I find even a 1.5 ohm micro with 30g is kinda weak. Its weird but I tested the battery on a mech at 3.8v and the vape wasnt so good. I put the same iGo-L on a Provari at 3.7v and all of a sudden its alive. I'm thinking maybe I have to clean my mech but I cleaned it just a week ago. Plus it seems I cant get a decent vape with microcoils on a mech, no matter which of my mods I use. They all give out weaker vapor. But works fine on the Provari.

I'm thinking I should play around with twisted Kanthal

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
2.3 seems high for a 10 wrap 30g micro. (methinks?)

I can confirm that lol.

Now I find even a 1.5 ohm micro with 30g is kinda weak. Its weird but I tested the battery on a mech at 3.8v and the vape wasnt so good. I put the same iGo-L on a Provari at 3.7v and all of a sudden its alive. I'm thinking maybe I have to clean my mech but I cleaned it just a week ago. Plus it seems I cant get a decent vape with microcoils on a mech, no matter which of my mods I use. They all give out weaker vapor. But works fine on the Provari.

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
Hey super-x, just wanted to throw you a shout out for all of your info on the micro coil. Got one rockin on an igo-l with a cotton ball wick and fogging the house up! Hell, I'm even looking at taking the reo plunge to bottom feed this badass setup.

+1 on that! If it wasnt for superX, I wouldn't know what a microcoil was. The tutorial on building microcoils was especially good!

kingdal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2012
The Far Side
Im running microcoils of sorts on my aga-t, I have 2 coils in parallel wrapped 6 times each so its a total of 12 wraps. I'm using 32g kanthal and it measures 1.4 ohms. The flavor and vp are absolutely amazing by the way.

is that like pbdib's coil? Sure would appreciate a picture

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I can confirm that lol.

How's the humidity in . . . . . ."The Far Side" . . . .kingdal? I went to Chicago recently (very humid) and my mech performance went to crap. Had to make a trip to the local Ace Hardware for 600 +1500 grit sandpaper and some "ox-guard" lube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread