Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar Vape Shop or buying from an Online Vape Shop?

Do you prefer going to a Brick and Mortar (B&M) Vape Shop or buying from an Online Reseller?

• Buy from Brick & Mortar (B&M)

• Buy from Online Reseller (e.g Fasttech)

• Buy E-Juice at B&M

• Buy E-Juice from an Online Store

• Buy E-Cig parts and equipment from B&M

• Buy E-Cig parts and equipment from an Online Store

• Prefer E-Cig Sticks (e.g EGO/EVOD)

• Prefer APV (Variable Voltage / Variable Wattage)

• Prefer Mechanical MODS

• Prefer Both APV and MODS

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
Ok, I'm not sure how this works but I'll give it a shot. I may have to edit a few times. =D

I'm wondering about a few things:

1. Do vapers prefer buying from a local Brick & Mortar Vape Shop or from an Online Store?

2. Why?

a. If they prefer a local shop, what do they like about it or would like to see in a Vape shop? And vice versa.
b. If both, what would sway them to support a local shop instead or vice versa.

3. Do vapers prefer the e-cig battery sticks like the EGO or do they want a Advanced Personal Vaporizer and/or Mechanical mod?

Last edited:

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
Sorry to hear that. Maybe this poll can assist someone who wants to start a B&M in their city. I personally would rather buy online especially if it's a good deal + free shipping. If I go to a B&M, I do want to support them by getting their top selling/on sale ejuice. However, I just hate it when "any" store over prices things. I get there is overhead costs to run a retail business but have read of vape shops that have ungodly markup. That is why I'm thankful for ECF and Vapor Joe.

Reactions: Pegasus Vape

syeroc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
DSM, IA
Buying from a B&M would be ideal if there was one in my area that was worth it. One of them is waaaay over priced on almost everything they sell and the other is just getting started and doesn't offer much more than eGo's and eVod's. They have some juice but it is overpriced as well. Of course that is all just my opinion.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
I've always been the type that price hunts before I buy, even at Walmart which I know already has the lowest prices. I suppose there are people that don't mind paying retail. That's why I love it when there is a Holiday since there is usually a sale or coupon code. I'm actually going to Dallas next week and plan to visit several vape shops.

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
I am taking a trip home this fall to Green Bay, WI. I looked on the net and they have a newly opened B&M. I am excited to go. I dont know if I will spend all that much. It will be great to see some of the devices I have been reading oh-so-much about. I will pick out something to buy, just to support. I would like to see a carto tank with all it bits n' peices. The various toppers/ delivery devices. Or I want to see a box mod and how that works.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
I've been pricing ejuices online to better grasp what I would be willing to pay and I was surprised to find that ecblendflavors.com sells 5ml at $2.50 and 50ml at $14.65 plus 20% off using code 10020. The reviews on ECF look good so I placed my order of 5ml samples. I'd love to find a local B&M that can price it that low. And I wish there was a local shop that can price their e-cigs like Fasttech. So for me, I'd say 95-98% of my purchases will be online.

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I have 2 B&Ms I frequent. They both have what I want without a huge markup. I have gotten to know the store employees, and feel good shopping there. I buy stuff online when I need to, such as glass tanks and certain mods only one store carries.

I have both regulated devices and mechs. I like them both for different reasons.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
I would buy more from brick and mortar stores if they had was I wanted. I'm pretty much a 98% exclusive online purchaser of e-cig related products

We don't have a vape shop nearby so someone told me if you see a need then you should do something about it. I'm entertaining the idea.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
I have 2 B&Ms I frequent. They both have what I want without a huge markup. I have gotten to know the store employees, and feel good shopping there. I buy stuff online when I need to, such as glass tanks and certain mods only one store carries.

I have both regulated devices and mechs. I like them both for different reasons.

Same here on both devices. I'm thinking about the "kick" for my mechanical mods.

I went into a shop selling the Kanger Pro tank for $24. I know I can get that for $12-14 from Fasttech or an online store. But if they would price it at $16-18, I'd give them my business.

Adios PhilipMorris

Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Boston
I usually order online, but it is always good to support local small businesses.
I tend to go to a local B&M to try new flavors and purchase small supplies or a bottle of juice.
Most of the items are overpriced (ex. $45 for 50mL) even compared to US vendors and another B&M that is 20 miles further.
The good thing is they are spreading vaping instead of smoking as more people are exposed to it.
They are good when you need them.

FLExJuice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
USA
Adios- I like the handle. I hope each B&M becomes a member at ECF. They will be able to price their products accordingly and get good feedback in what they should stock. It's unfortunate that those who open a local vape shop or online store to just make money, sell mediocre products, and have bad customer service will not get my dollars or recommendation. They can spend thousands of dollars on advertisement but it will never compare to word of mouth advertisement.

chief999

Moved On
Jul 29, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
I'm brick and mortar all the way. I'm still pretty new to vaping, so buying anything online is a bit scary. Given vaping is so subjective AND so personal, this is a no brainer for me. All my questions are more quickly answered by a well informed employee. Sure I could surf the forums, but who knows what my next question will be once I get a good answer? Repeat that process 3 or more times and it can become quite labor intensive. Maybe I'm spoiled, but my local vape store has samples of flavors to try,....getting a great deal on e liquid that you hate is NOT a deal. I realize many do not have the option to easily visit a brick and mortar store, but for those that do, it's a win-win experience. Now that am no longer a complete noob, I may consider the online side of the business. Still, immediate gratification also plays a part. That's my 2 cents,....and it's worth exactly what you paid for it. LOL.

chief999

Moved On
Jul 29, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Chief- Congrats to making the switch. I've noticed some online ecig biz are setting up a B&M. I like those folks since they know what people want and how to price it accordingly. Plus since you have a good relationship with your local shop, you can help suggest products or have them join ECF.

Exactly. The personal touch can make all the difference for those on the fence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread